News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

UK airports all closed

Started by Sibling DavidH, April 15, 2010, 02:28:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stellinacadente

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on April 19, 2010, 06:53:23 PM
Quote from: stellinacadente on April 19, 2010, 12:01:47 AM
NOt really seeing that as being a big profit for the airlines there

Exactly my point, m'dear....  modern airlines will use any excuse they can, I think, so they can whine about being 'strategic resources' and get lovely govm't money instead.

In spite of all these "losses" I bet you a new, garden-ripe tomato that none of the top brass in any airline is foregoing any of his usual perks and "bonuses"....

I'd rather pay airlines than AIG  ;D at least they get me the places I want/need to go... :mrgreen:
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

stellinacadente

So final word came tonight...

after packing my stuff and getting ready for tomorrow long-haul...

well lovely British Airways canceled my flight (with layover in Heathrow)

what really pisses me off is that said airport will be cleared to function 2 hours after my flight was scheduled to land... result: the first rescheduled flight out of here April 26...

call it has you may I call it :censored:
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Griffin NoName

They are saying their planes are all in the wrong places. You might have layed over in Heathrow for an age. But I could have visited you.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

stellinacadente

At this point I am going to go to the beach and start swimming West  >:(

ivor

Make a raft.  That way you can have a volleyball with a hand-print and a name of your choosing.

Sheila

Quote from: Griffin NoName on April 15, 2010, 05:42:13 PM
It's still errupting - could go on and on......

I rather like it when natural events prevent people doing stuff = it gives a proper perspective on things.
Quote from: MentalBlock996 on April 19, 2010, 07:43:46 PM
They will be lucky if there's not an incident.
::)