News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Company Van

Started by Pachyderm, April 06, 2010, 09:38:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pachyderm

I went to Dublin for the Easter weekend, to do a survey on the Thursday, then spend some time with a friend. Went out on Saturday afternoon and some rotten bastard had stolen the van!

I don't know what some Dublin knacker would want with a water sample collecting pole and some hi-viz jackets, which is about all that was there.

Bastards.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Aggie

Brutal.  Time to get out the incident investigation forms. :P
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

OMG! Did you have personal stuff in the van? I imagine that being the company van it was fully insured and no ill will come to you because of it, or at least I hope so.
:(
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

Big cities are evil places.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Scriblerus the Philosophe

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Swatopluk

Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling DavidH

Pachyderm

No, I'm not getting into trouble for it, it was insured and all that good stuff, and, alas, yes, there were some personal items, camera, sat nav (but will get those back from work) and a unique fleece.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I wouldn't be surprised if the van turns up sooner or later.

Sorry for your fleece, mate.  :(
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Lindorm

Oh, some people just go to the most unbelievable lengths to get a bit of overtime...  ;)

On a more serious note, good to hear that the personal damage was rather limited after all.
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Darlica

Sorry about the personal stuff.

Cars get stolen in big cites and in small and even in quagmires... 
I'm happy it wasn't your own. :-\
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sux, man-- what sod would steal a frackin' van?

I mean, I can see stealin' a jag, an MG or a Lotus an'sh--, but a van?  

That's kinda weird, actually---- makes you wonder what they were planing to use it for...?
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Aggie

I know that here, minivans are the most commonly-stolen vehicles.  A work van, OTOH - ayuh, you might be on to something, Bob.  Grab the van, smash into a store, load the van....   

Then again, it'd be pretty foolish to commit further crimes with a stolen vehicle. But I suppose smart crooks stick to banking. ;)
WWDDD?

Pachyderm

The Garda reckoned it was either someone stealing it to see if there were any tools in the back (it was a closed, no windows one), or someone stealing it to use in a further robbery, where it wouldn't matter if a picture was taken of it, as it had Northern Irish number plates on it, and any checks would come back as "stolen" anyway. It would be quite handy for crime, as it was a small, unmarked white van, and there are thousands of them on the roads. You could also park it somewhere, and no-one would bat an eyelid, just a workman's van...