News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Conflicts!

Started by Opsa, March 12, 2010, 05:51:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

Has anyone else been noticing major conflicts going on with other people recently?

I've had some major spaz attacks aimed in my direction this week. Mr. Ops is experiencing the same thing. Maybe everyone up here has the winter blahs?

Griffin NoName

No, not in my neck of the woods.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I haven't experienced major changes but then again my social life is extremely limited. That doesn't mean that I don't 'enjoy' my share of family conflicts but those aren't particularly recent, nor seasonal.

Now, given the current economical situation it is quite likely that people in your circle is more stressed than usual which would in turn increase the likelihood of conflicts.

Or it could be some sort of @$$hole synchronicity...  ::)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

WWDDD?

Opsa

Perhaps. It's tax time here in the states, and that tends to drive people nuts.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

We did our taxes yesterday, getting to the place was aggravating, we had to wait almost two hours to talk to the CPA but we're done and getting a refund.

It wasn't that bad.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

Ayuh, tax time here too, but our tax code is much more straightforward.  You can do your taxes with an online program in about 1 hour (and  :goldfish: for brains) if you are a general wage-earner without too many exotic investments and your paperwork is in order.

when I put it like that, I wonder why I'm procrastinating - it's going to be a refund I think....  usually takes me longer to pull together the paperwork
WWDDD?

pieces o nine

Quote from: Opsanus tau on March 12, 2010, 05:51:23 PM
Has anyone else been noticing major conflicts going on with other people recently?

I've had some major spaz attacks aimed in my direction this week. Mr. Ops is experiencing the same thing. Maybe everyone up here has the winter blahs?
Are you referring to the alarmingly large percentage of the Publicke which dutifully takes its Stoopid™ pills before initiating interactions with others? The ones who ask how much something is and respond to a clear answer with a whining demand to know how much it is? The ones with more children than hands and no interest in watching what they are doing wrecking? The ones who are just *begging* for some kind of fight and who get meaner and nastier, the longer it is denied to them?

:soapbox:        :giggle:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
I work with art (supplies-to-create and supplies-to-display), and lately I could spend 100% of my time cleaning up after the angry piggies who are one small step away from vandalizing the material in their careless handling and stashing and silly knees-bent running around advancing "shopping" behavior!

Whenever I see a particularly egregious example of publicke-ransacking, I wish I could hang a large inspirational poster: one with an  image something like this and a nice, colorful caption:

I CAN SORT BY COLOR, SIZE, AND TYPE! 
WHY CAN'T YOU?
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Darlica

No, not this year.
There is a couple of days every year when the winter has peaked but spring has not yet showed it's face, when the mornings are still dark and the sun doesn't warm up the air much even if it is shining for a whole day, usually last week of February around here.

I guess I avoided it this year as I was at home with my sinuses clogged, interacting with no one. some of my colleagues had a rough week though.

Now spring is in the air even if it's still below 0°C most of the day and people are much happier. :)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling DavidH

No spaz attacks, but I do think people round here are gloomier than usual.  I'd put that down to the cold and the total non-appearance of spring.  A looming election doesn't help either.  :(

Griffin NoName

Quote from: DavidH on March 13, 2010, 11:13:16 AM
I'd put that down to the cold and the total non-appearance of spring. 

Not so, we have crocuses..... mind, London is always warmer than deepest farflung outlying posts. It's 10 degrees today, almost sundress weather. Bah! This should be in the weather thread.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

Yes, the Big Smoke is hotter.  Here we should have had some leaves on the hedges weeks ago and the place should be carpeted with daffs.  Not a sausage but for snowdrops and the odd aconite.  I can still see a few small traces of snow in the gullies of the Black Mountain, across in Wales.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

I've noticed it on other forums, but not IRL. One of mine very nearly imploded yesterday. Seems to be better today (ie, people aren't leaving left and right).
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Opsa

Quote from: pieces o nine on March 13, 2010, 06:47:10 AM

Are you referring to the alarmingly large percentage of the Publicke which dutifully takes its Stoopid™ pills before initiating interactions with others? The ones who ask how much something is and respond to a clear answer with a whining demand to know how much it is? The ones with more children than hands and no interest in watching what they are doing wrecking? The ones who are just *begging* for some kind of fight and who get meaner and nastier, the longer it is denied to them?

:soapbox:        :giggle:

YES! That is EXACTLY what I'm talking about!

The producer of the show I'm in tried to stick me with painting a piece of scenery. I was perfectly willing to help. She told me to be there at noon on Monday to get it done. Knowing that she's not quite with it, I contacted her more than a full day ahead of time to be sure that both set piece and paint would be there. She emailed several times and called several more times and no matter how I phrased it, she could not guarantee that the stuff would be there. Finally, around 1 pm on Monday, a full hour AFTER I would have been there wondering WTF, I got it out of her that neither scenery or paint would be there. She then asked me (and I'm not the set designer, mind you) what sort of paint to buy! At this point I was so annoyed, I suggested some primary colors from which we could mix anything, and asked her to please (for the fifth or sixth time, mind you) tell me when the set and paints would be there, and (here's where I made my mistake) not to contact me again until she knew this.

Well, she was absolutely incensed about this, and demanded an apology. I sent her back an apology right away. She emailed back that it was okay, she'd find someone else to paint the set piece, and I could concentrate on my lines and music. So good, I thought that was that.

Later that evening when I was at rehearsal, she decided to email our emailed conversation (all except the one where she pardoned me!) to everyone on the board and went on to explain all she'd done for the show, down to buying tablecloths, and said that I needed to show some respect!

I did not answer this obvious thrown gauntlet because:

1) It would have solved nothing.
2) The board all ready knows what a pain in the arse this person is, and I felt sure they were probably rolling their eyes and saying "there she goes again".
3) Quite unfortunately, I have been told that she wanted my role in the play. She is an excellent singer, far better than me, but was probably not chosen because she is completely undependable because of her alcoholism.
4) The set designer really should have been handling this.

We are now in tech week, the week before the show. Luckily, she did not show up for last night's rehearsal and all went well. I do know that she will show up one of these nights, and I will have to lay really low to avoid her ire. I am hoping that the Ides of March (tonight) will not be upsetting!

PS: She also came back after I did not answer and asked if I could "pretty please" paint the set piece. I told her that sorry, I was no longer available. Did I mention that this is all voluntary work?

Aggie

Bravo Ops!   :YaY:  Don't take any guff from these swine!

Being sweet, humble and tolerant is a good thing, but it doesn't mean we should let others take advantage of us.
WWDDD?