News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Help - mutant earworm!

Started by Sibling DavidH, February 15, 2010, 10:19:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling DavidH

Recently on BBC Radio 4 they have been playing trails for a program on the Plantagenets.  In one trail a voice says - quietly, softly, but with infinite menace, "There has to be blood!"
Mrs H and I have made it into a family joke and go around doing the clawed hands and the manic eyes whispering There has to be blood.   Now it's spread to There has to be coffee  or There has to be yoghurt.  And it's spreading among our friends.
What can we do to stop this ghastly meme taking over the whole of Herefordshire - nay, the world?
Any suggestions?  Please?   :eeksign:

Griffin NoName

It sounds a perfectly useful meme. I think you should continue to promote it. I shall start using it immediately. Those Plantagenets knew a thing or two.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bluenose

Hmm.   Sounds like a great thing to me.   There has to be beer!   Yep, it seems to work really well.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

beagle

Quote from: DavidH on February 15, 2010, 10:19:59 AM

I don't hold out much hope. Once when my family was at a (reasonably upmarket) restaurant the overworked waitress inquired about the fish course in a spectacularly grumpy voice, "Do you want the fish"?  Ever afterwards that was the response when a family member said or did something ungraciously.
The angels have the phone box

Darlica

QuoteWhat can we do to stop this ghastly meme taking over the whole of Herefordshire - nay, the world?

Step one:
Do not mention the meme on a internet forum full of people who can't even contain their bats in the belfry... ;) ;D

I predict this will be the next "can I haz a ... pls" 
I will work on it for sure! :D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling DavidH

Quote from: Darlica
Step one:
Do not mention the meme on a internet forum full of people who can't even contain their bats in the belfry... ;) ;D

:ROFL:  I have to admit the truth of this.  OMFSM, what have I unleashed on the world?   :devil:  :devil2:  :help:

Pachyderm

There must be memes...

or

I can haz meme?
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

pieces o nine

Quote from: beagle on February 15, 2010, 12:21:36 PM
Quote from: DavidH on February 15, 2010, 10:19:59 AM

I don't hold out much hope. Once when my family was at a (reasonably upmarket) restaurant the overworked waitress inquired about the fish course in a spectacularly grumpy voice, "Do you want the fish"?  Ever afterwards that was the response when a family member said or did something ungraciously.

My circle loved the frustrated statement of a server who kept returning to our table to announce that each successive chocolate dessert was, in fact, sold out. In desperation, he tried to interest me in Key Lime pie; when I demurred he snarked, "Ma'am, I cannot force the fruit upon you!"

There must be chocolate...     
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling DavidH

Oh, Pieces, what a fabulous smiley!
There has to be Smilies!

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Hmmmm.... what do I do most often?

*thinks*

There Must Be........

.......... Sarcasm.

:D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Darlica

Great now my fruit-bats have escaped from the belfry...

There has to be Strudle  :D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Lindorm

But what is the position taken by, respectively, pirates, ninjas, lolcatz and lesbian stripper girlfriends on this new meme? Has it been duly approved?
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)