News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Vacation illness rant

Started by Kiyoodle the Gambrinous, December 21, 2009, 03:50:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

So, after very hard three months on my new job, I have finally decided to take a few days off and have a little rest before Christmas. So I took a four-day vacation, from today till Christmas, with Christmas time bringing us some bank holidays I was looking forward to spending a nice ten day rest with my family (I went down to see my parents and spent Christmas with them).

Of course, everything was fine on Friday at work, and on Friday evening, when I packed my bags, had a nice dinner with my girlfriend and was looking forward to these few days.

But, I woke up in the morning, with a sore-throat and feeling like s***. I was ill. So instead of meeting with friends that I haven't seen for a while, I am spending my few days of vacation ill. I hate this.

I just hope it's a normal cold and not the flu.

I'm back..

Aggie

Hope you feel better - sometimes your body takes days off as a cue to get sick "ah, I've got time to lay around, let's get it over with".  No fun. :P

Lots of garlic and hot peppers to nip it in the bud, that's my advice. And a hot rum might not hurt, but just one. ;)
WWDDD?

Opsa

Poor Kiyo! Sounds like your body is taking advantage of this down time to time out. Nuke your illness with a bombardment of vitamins, soup and sleep. I hope you feel better soon so you can go and have fun!

Swatopluk

I know that phenomenon, especially if the vacation is only a handful of days.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Darlica

I know that phenomenon too...
he worst is when it kicks in when you are in your way to a flight abroad, flying and sore throat isn't such a hit. :-\ :sneeze:

I think it's very common, our bodies realise that the everyday stress is easing and decides to use the "downtime" to let down the guard...

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

Yes, another one here who always got ill on holidays. I suspect it only affects diligent workers.

The Friday night/Saturday migraine is also very common.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Quote from: Agujjim on December 21, 2009, 04:37:49 PM
And a hot rum might not hurt, but just one. ;)

Crap, I should have read that more carefully. I had more than one. And it wasn't rum, but Slivovitz. And it wasn't hot..... :)

Quote from: Opsanus tau on December 21, 2009, 04:40:01 PM
Poor Kiyo! Sounds like your body is taking advantage of this down time to time out. Nuke your illness with a bombardment of vitamins, soup and sleep. I hope you feel better soon so you can go and have fun!

Yup, it's taking advantage... I'm trying my best, I haven't slept that much since  I was a baby, my mother has decided not to wake me up in the morning so I have slept around ten hours each night now, which hasn't happened to me for a very long time.

And there are definitelly plenty of us, whose bodies have decided that the few days off are an opportunity to get ill... My girlfriend is also ill and on antibiotics. Guess she's got it worst than I do. Just crappy that I cannot be with her and take care of her, cause I am around 700 kilometres away. But at least she's got her mother there. :)

I'm back..

Opsa

<<<Get well vibes to Kiyo and the Kiyo Girl! >>>

Aggie

Quote from: Kiyoodle the Gambrinous on December 22, 2009, 05:57:43 PM
Crap, I should have read that more carefully. I had more than one. And it wasn't rum, but Slivovitz. And it wasn't hot..... :)

One beer is good for nasal / sinus congestion too, but nobody ever follows the 'one' part on that, either. ;)
WWDDD?

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Quote from: Agujjim on December 22, 2009, 07:49:25 PM
Quote from: Kiyoodle the Gambrinous on December 22, 2009, 05:57:43 PM

One beer is good for nasal / sinus congestion too, but nobody ever follows the 'one' part on that, either. ;)

That's because after one beer, you only get thirsty. That is if the beer is good. You need at least three beers to get the job done.

But once you had three, you  can have a fourth and a fifth, that won't hurt.

And one more for the road........ Weeeell, you know the drill... :)

Quote from: Opsanus tau on December 22, 2009, 06:46:22 PM
<<<Get well vibes to Kiyo and the Kiyo Girl! >>>

Thank youuuuu!  :-* :glommp:

I'm back..