News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

GRRRRRRRRR

Started by Jayna, October 17, 2009, 04:27:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayna

It's true. Zan got hosed on the superpower thing.

Griffin NoName

Jayna you are't the only one here with divorces that make ones hair stand up on end.

Mine reads like you'd think it must be all made up. Incidentally, 30+ years on, I still have nightmares about my ex. often and wake up fuming that he still in there, in my subconscious and as damaging as ever.

Last night's wasa that I remarried him against everyone's advice (this is a frequent theme) and of course nothing had changed and within 10 minutes of the ceremony, he told me that we couldn't go off on the luxury planned honeymoon as he was only taking one night off work. I woke up crying and very angry with him.

Until I can purge my subsonscious I don't know how to stop the dreams. He is only a problem when I seep. I don't have much contact,
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Jayna

Zan

I remember something about that at the time.

Wasn't there something weird about his cheating?  I can't remember what it was, but there was something really odd.

Jayna

Quote from: Zan on October 17, 2009, 05:26:40 PM
I remember something about that at the time.

Wasn't there something weird about his cheating?  I can't remember what it was, but there was something really odd.

Darlica

For F***k's sake that (giving out the address like that and taking strangers in to the house) is reason enough he shouldn't have the kids staying overnight in his house... And comparing his income and yours shouldn't he pay you?

:taz: American laws... :taz:

Also you are far from the first or the last who uses this place to vent, most of us do now and then.
:hug:

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Jeez, Jayna! What a worthless dick! Glad you're going to be shot of him soon. :)

I'd go after him for alimony after this stunt, though I don't know if that work for you.

Also, Griff: :( What a jerk.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Jayna

Thanks, Darlica and Scriblerus. I really should take him to court... and yeah, he would have to pay me pretty significant alimony, most likely. I was just hoping we could call it even and be quit of him without it. :( Thanks for letting me vent this here.

Opsa

You poor girl. I used to be in a bad marriage too (egomaniac supreme with game-playing tendencies), but got out of it by letting HIM get the divorce and not asking for alimony. I was just glad to be out of it. Of course, we owned no property and had no children together, so that made it easier. But like Griffin, I still have the occasional dream where I'm married to him and am absolutely horrified and planning my escape all over again. I wake up totally weirded out and then tremendously grateful that it was just a dream and that I've found a better life. It's a humbling thing.

I think Scrib is right. Maybe you need to call your lawyer and straighten this thing out right now.

As for refi, have you checked out this website: http://makinghomeaffordable.gov/eligibility.html
We didn't think we qualified, but have found out that we actually do. You could ask a refinancing agent.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Jayna on October 19, 2009, 08:01:19 AM
Thanks for letting me vent this here.

Speaking as a male of the species-- some men should not be permitted to divorce.

Instead, if found suitable to be not-married, should be summarily shot instead.

*humpf*

Good thing *I* am not in charge of things, isn't it?  ::)

/end sarcasm
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

beagle

Reminds me of two Diana Dors quotes on marriage and monogamy. Amusing, even if you don't necessarily agree.

"I don't think men and women were meant to live together. They are totally different animals."

and

"I said to this priest: 'Am I expected to believe that if I went out and had an affair that God was really going to be upset? Okay, thou shalt not kill... steal... but thou shalt not commit adultery? If no one is any the wiser, what the hell difference does it make?' He was lovely. He told me the Commandments were laid down for a lot of guys living in the desert."

The angels have the phone box

Darlica

[mod mode]
Let's nip this in the bud shall we; this is not a thread about women Vs Men...
I suppose we all know some women who are egoistic and manipulative bastards, as well as some men. Some people are leeches, it has nothing to do with the persons gender.

This thread is about someone's personal experiences of a relationship gone bad -let's keep it that way. 

[end mod mode]

Griffin NoName

Thanks for keeping us on track Darlica.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Darlica

Um?

;)

Something you wonder about?