News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Anyone play Counter Strike Source?

Started by goat starer, May 01, 2007, 02:42:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goat starer

Or are you all too nice to shoot one another?

----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Griffin NoName

I'm still stuck trying to get on the elevator in Half-Life. Been there for a good few years now.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

My video gaming topped out at the 16-bit systems (and a decade or so late - emulators).
WWDDD?

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

I believe the most recent game I own is Railroad Tycoon II, and I have fond memories of Scorched Earth.  There was a time when I thought Knight Games was the coolest computer game ever.

Swatopluk

Currently I play mostly Pirates Gold! the Sid Meier Classic for the PC.
Running around and hacking pixilated people to pieces I rarely do (I played Arx Fatalis but not mainly for the hacking). I was an avid Cossacks player and adore(d) Original War but in both cases I followed a policy of minimum losses. I love to wipe the floor with the (computer) opposition but only if I can do so without using my own troops as cannon fodder (even if there is no penalty on it).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I'm love FPS but I mostly do single player. I have a steam account and CS installed but I am a complete n00b.

Perhaps Qwerty does when he is not playing CoH/CoV. ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling Chatty

I never got beyond Pong. No eye-hand coordination, to start...
This sig area under construction.

Swatopluk

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on May 02, 2007, 02:07:02 AM
I never got beyond Pong. No eye-hand coordination, to start...
Round-based strategy then
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

goat starer

trying to get on which elevator in Half Life? I am the undisputed world wide Half Life champion (in my own head!). Perhaps I can help.

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Griffin NoName

Wow! That'd be soooooooo good. It's been a nightmare !!!!

I assume it's the first one as I haven't come across any others. Um. Memory may be playing me up. It may be I can't get off it rather than on it. All I know is some spidery thing is a real pest.

When I've got time I'll go back in and check. At present I am writing an essay on transference and countertransference and that takes precedence.

Mind you, if I wasn't in transference with the spidery thing maybe I'd be able to cope with the lift :mrgreen:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

goat starer

if we are talking Half Life 1 it might be the first freight elevator. It is like a big platform that descends at an angle and Head Crabs drop on you from above. There is very little point trying to kill them as they fall so just look up and dodge them. the majority will slide past you to the bottom of the lift. keep checking behind you to make sure that none have stopped on the platform with you and if they have pop a cap in their ass! On hard it takes three pistol shots to kill them.

as you approach the bottom they stop coming and you can either a) pick the ones waiting at the bottom off with some good shooting before the lift gets too close or b) look to the left as you approach the bottom and jump to a balcony to one side. From there you can pick them off at your leisure.

Of course it could be an earlier standard elevator in which case i will have another go!

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

I play 1.6, not source. I might, if I ever got HL2, but I'm stuck somewhere on the alien planet.

if someone wants to play 1.6, I'd be happy to. I've been on a CoH/CoV kick lately, but I do wanna play counter-strike at some point. I'm decent at Pub. (NOT cal)

~Qwerty
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Bruder Cuzzen

Counner strike eh? Arrr! Eyes been usin' da game to sharpen me sniping skills, Eyes be a gud shot but eyes always end up bean ground beef inna hurry.

Griffin NoName

Inability to keep track of things I mean to follow up when my Dip course ends - can someone bump this thread in another couple of weeks or so...... ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Will do. My main gaming rig's motherboard is slowly but surely dying (it already took with it a harddisk with pictures  :'( ), hopefully by then I'll have a new one up and running.

For now I'm just playing the classic Doom levels with the doomsday engine on my laptop. If you have the original WAD files you can download HiRes textures and 3D models, upgrading the looks significantly (BTW, if someone is interested I can guide you or create a thread for that purpose).
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.