News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Attack of the Tiny Particles - be slightly afraid

Started by Griffin NoName, November 12, 2008, 01:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

"The (UK) government must begin a 'major and urgent' effort to assess the safety of nanomaterials, the tiny particles commonly used in products as varied as sun creams, sports clothing and medicine, leading experts warn today."

Indeed. And while they are about it, what other safety issues should they be considering?  We live in a world in which constant harm assails us, yet no one bothers to assess the many possibilities of the causes of harm. We need a government that is tough on harm, and tough on the causes of harm.

So let's do our bit to help. What would be your priorities? What causation factors do you want investigated?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Extensive use of paper clips may make people more susceptible to the common cold virus.

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Keyboards are a known harbor of bacteria, perhaps keyboards should be assessed and dealt with, probably banning them. ::)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bluenose

More people die in bed than any other place.  This shockingly under researched cause of mortality needs to be urgently investigated and remedial action take ASAP.  Best to avoid your bed at all cost.  Lets go to the pub!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

pieces o nine

QuoteProgressive asked 11,000 of its auto insurance policyholders who reported accidents in 2001 how close to home they were when the accident happened. Fifty-two percent reported they were five miles or less from home, and an astounding 77 percent reported they were within 15 miles of home!
The lesson is clear: don't go anywhere near your home!

Bluenose: oi'll meet ye an thee ovver pyrates at thee pub furvest frum awl arrrgh 'ouses!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Pachyderm

More studies need to be performed on two of our basic functions, which are slowly killing us:

Walking shortens the spine with the constant jarring, and breathing wears out the lungs.

Just what are the Government doing about this deplorable, yet avoidable, state of affairs?
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Actually, on a serious note:

google "nanocarbon"

No, not those cool bucky-balls, or buckytubes.

I'm talking about coal powerplant effluvia.

http://globalwarming-arclein.blogspot.com/2008/09/atmospheric-nanocarbon.html

A largly unmeasured output, and this stuff does not occur in nature-- our lungs have not evolved any protection against it.   It's too fine for our normal particulate defences to stop, so it goes directly into our lungs (no stopping at "go", no $200)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

I think Bob gets :censored: for that !

Renaming "School Trips" might be a way of reducing the high number of accidents when teachers accompany pupils to events outside schools.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

Quote from: Bluenose on November 12, 2008, 09:48:16 PM
More people die in bed than any other place.  This shockingly under researched cause of mortality needs to be urgently investigated and remedial action take ASAP.  Best to avoid your bed at all cost.  Lets go to the pub!

Would also increase morals: Alcohol good, sex (and sleep) bad
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.