News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

"pedias"

Started by pieces o nine, October 19, 2008, 06:14:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

Here's a thread for exploring the weird and wonderful world of online, niche-market encyclopedias. The best known in the group is probably Wikipedia, and if you've found something bizarre and entertaining there, why not share it?

I'd like to start things off with a project by 23/6: Dikipedia.

This is a bipartisan, international, and by no means complete listing. Although they lambasted a few people I rather like (and made me smile in the process) I think we can all tell who they think are the *real* dicks by persuing a few entries.

Happy reading.   :typing:

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
Now it's your turn to share a favorite entry in an already listed 'pedia', or, better yet, post a link to another 'pedia' not yet mentioned...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Ho! Ho! Ho!  I understand the game is to generate new links to unmentioned pedia..... so I hope you won't mind me immediately subverting the game and in addition probably demonstrating that something I find funny is not funny to others ;)

Couldn't resist the entry for Santa Claus in the Dikipedia. And it did not disappoint.

Though there is some debate about what leads someone to believe there is such a thing as "War on Christmas," consensus is coalescing around the theory that it stems from watching "Fox News" while licking Chinese toys.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

So the idea is to add 'pedias'? Then how about Satie's Gymnopedias?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Encyclopedia Dramatica. Hilarious, wrong, frequently dirty, often offensive, and occasionally apt.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Aggie

I like Uncyclopedia, 'specially the article on kitten huffing:
http://uncyclopedia.org/wiki/Kitten_Huffing

OK, so I haven't really checked out the rest of it, but the kitten huffing is worth a look. ;)
WWDDD?

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on October 19, 2008, 09:33:19 PM
So the idea is to add 'pedias'? Then how about Satie's Gymnopedias?

NNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!

If I have to judge one more "original playwriting" contest where one or more of those pieces is intro/outro/incidental music, I will KILL somebody, probably a pianist....

===============

OK, to stay with the spirit of the thread, a winner from my weirdest former employee.

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Wookieepedia:Welcome%2C_newcomers
This sig area under construction.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

That's great! Love the wookipedia death star. :D

How I managed to forget this one, I don't know.
For your entertainment/revulsion, I present: Conservapedia.
The one on atheism is a real gem--they equate atheism with mass murder and mental illness, "Currently, there is an ongoing debate on whether atheism was a causal factor for Friedrich Nietzsche's insanity or whether it was caused purely through disease.". It then segways into evolution. ???
And the one on materialism is even better. No logical form at all.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on October 25, 2008, 06:11:48 AM
And the one on materialism is even better. No logical form at all.

Nice use of  "[Citation Needed]" ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand