News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Insane Need to Maximise Digital Equipment - Help Needed

Started by Griffin NoName, March 04, 2007, 05:42:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I'm back..

ivor

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I wonder what kind of shows they watch on that...  ::) ::)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

ivor

I watch mostly political debates and press conferences on my TTV.  :mrgreen:

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

I hope GWB's calenoscopy won't be on TV live, while you sit there... :D

I'm back..

ivor

Griffin NoName

I now have the methods for re-linking all my kit in several different combinations to meet a variety of needs.

So, of course, my next bout of insane desire is upon me.

I'm getting  a knock down silly price piece of kit from BT which will give me On Demand whatever whenever I please over the internet (films - TV series - etc).

It uses an ethernet port link via the electric sockets from a broadband wireless modem (which of course I already have). Plug one wire from electric socket to ethernet port on modem. Then anywhere, any room, plug similar cable from an electric socket to a digibox connected to TV.

It's sold as a wireless solution, which it isn't so they are being naughty. It's only half wireless LOL.

I've looked for a true wireless solution and can't find any - they must be imminent - but this is quite a clever way around it.

It avoids all the other solutions like Sky, TiVo etc and the On Demand is really really cheap - in fact for me it is essentially free as I just pay off a stupidy small payment for the box and cables.

The digibox is twin tuner. I can link it in to my existing spaghetti system. This will up my able to view/record at the same time to 8 options. Until the world has a truly view On Demand anything ever filmed/recorded/etc I think being able to capture/view 8 at once ought to satisfy me.

Everyone who is chained to their bed for hours on end should have this set up. The only downside is you can't really go for the chintzy flowery bedroom look - lucky I don't want that anyway - effectively I dwell in a machine room. ;D

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

pieces o nine

Quote from: Griffin NoName
I now have the methods for re-linking all my kit in several different combinations to meet a variety of needs.

So, of course, my next bout of insane desire is upon me.

[snip]

Everyone who is chained to their bed for hours on end should have this set up. The only downside is you can't really go for the chintzy flowery bedroom look - lucky I don't want that anyway - effectively I dwell in a machine room. ;D

Griffin, whatever happens, resist the urge to add this to your setup. Sure, you're thinking it will be convenient, close at hand, add another screen's worth of options. But the additional cabling and switchers will be a nightmare.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

I'll bear that in mind Po9 ;)

But I was thinking of branching out into digital mobiles for when I am too tired to sit up.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on March 21, 2008, 04:22:11 PM
Everyone who is chained to their bed for hours on end should have this set up.

Strangely,if you do a Google search for those terms that's not the equipment recommended.
The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

I didn't need to use Google ;)

This evening I used my digital equipment for Personal Services*

* Walters gives a brilliant performance, a slow moving start which builds to nice climax. To enjoy one has to stay with it at the start, but it's well worth it for the latter stages.
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

"You'll have to do it a lot better than that, or I won't let you pay me at all!"

The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

"you'll go down for this".  "I only go down for a lot of money, and you can't afford me".

-or was that the Jeyes Blue Fliud ad?
Psychic Hotline Host