News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

No Hair Left

Started by Griffin NoName, August 31, 2013, 03:48:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

I use BT for phone & broadband. I've ordered a new package and to get the free internet protection software I have to download it from a place called MyBT, which is part of the BT website. I log on to the BT website using a particular ID which I have had for over 20 years.

MyBT would not let me register with my ID. It insisted on me using a new one. Ridiculous. So I asked support to register me with my usual ID. They totally f**d up. They said yes, they knew how to do that. Resulting in me not being able to log onto BT at all, and not to be able to get my emails. (I only found out they'd messed up when they said they'd emailed me a  new password, and I couldn't pick up the email............. how stupid is that?).

I am totally fried over this. Spitting angry. I don't need or want MyBT, there's no real reason why one can only download the s/w from there. And now I have a totally f***********d set up.

If the support "person" was anywhere near me she'd be toast I am so cross.

So far I've wasted 2 hours on this (with a different support person) and am no further forward. I don't know what the hell she did, but it must have been something incredibly stupid.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Good grief!   :( I hope you finally got somewhere with it.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I had a slightly similar set of woes, when an online subscriber thing I belong to, suddenly "upgraded" their "security"... WTF?

I do not need a security protocol that is higher than my **bank's**.... took two phone calls to resolve.   At least I got it more or less working.

I hope you get your issues sorted, Griff. 
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Upgrading is the pits. M$shit lost all my emails when upgrading hotmail to outlook for their web based mail. They said it was because I hadn't checked my mail for >1 year, total nonesense. Their supprt forum was inundated with people wailing about their emails being lost, yet they continued to blame the customer. I got really shirty with them and got told I'd agreed to terms & conditions which included any errors etc. No answer to that. Not that I ever trusted them. I always download to local mail client and back up my hard disc so I never lose mail. Apart from hotmail, which is an account I use for junk. Si in fact they lost a load of junk, but it was MY junk.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Wait, are you saying that Micro$oft blamed the customer? You must be in the wrong because M$ never commits mistakes, or spends millions (or billions) on things nobody wants, or makes hardware so faulty they have to replace it 3 times + withing their warranty, or... well, you know, reality doesn't conform to their expectations.  ::)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

There was something about the way they wouldn't admit it was an error to lose everyone's emails, but pointed to their terms and agreement where the customer agrees to them being able to make errors..... which kinda indicated they knew it was their fault. Not very bright.

Anyway, they've just bought Nokia. Let's hope that's a big mistake.

I have had some progress on my user ID fiasco. Three things now work, and two things don't. Presume they made some corrections - haven't heard from them, I just re-tried stuff for the hell of it, and found the three things worked. I've emailed them about the two things that still don't work, but am terrified if they try and correct them, the other three things that now work won't work again. I feel like I am in a nightmare loop.

This is all because of pre-history. When BT very first started an email service back in the dark ages, I signed up immediately. Naturally, over the years they have brought in new user names - eg there's @btinternet @btconnect @btopenworld etc etc. (my original is not any of those). Then they didn't quite migrate stuff quite correctly for some users. My initial service was "Business" which was fine back then. But now I am a residential customer with a Business address!! So you can see where there's room for utter chaos. The difference between residential customer support and business customer support is shameful. I fit in both camps or neither camp, but as soon as things get escalated to ""business" it's like magic how things suddenly start getting sorted out. Yeh, you get what you pay for I suppose, but they must have millions of residential and they ought to really have proper tech.savvy staff behind the scenes for when the froonting agents are not up to the job........ but they don't seem to. After all, we do pay for residential; it's not as if it is free. Or cheap. I heart Business.

Psychic Hotline Host