News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Computer Hardware n00b - Need Tips/Tutorial

Started by Aggie, April 17, 2008, 09:26:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

Yeah, she's a Compaq. 

Not a big deal, at least I have an excuse for why I haven't installed the card yet.  Need to take back this S-Video cable, though.
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

And the end goal was to connect the computer to an analog TV? (perhaps it's the perfect excuse to get a digital flat screen that frequently have a VGA input ;))
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Aggie

Yes, that was the end goal, to hook it up to the ol' CRT monster.  TV is a low priority in our house, so that will be the unit of choice for some time.  The video card was a hand-me-down from a friend, and more of a "heck why not?" project than a serious need.

I'm not buying a digital flatscreen until I can get a 70-inch-plus OLED for under $500. ;)
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

In any case it will not look nice on a CRT SDTV, with the possible exception of youtube.
---
About the 70' OLED... I take you're not planning on buying a flat screen before your next reincarnation?  ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Black Bart

Anyone know anything about wireless networks?  I am probably about to purchase a Playstation 3.  I want to link it wirelessly to my existing broadband connection so I can thrash unsuspecting people in various war games and the like.  I think I can do it with an Apple AirPort Express Base Station connected to my router...but I could be wrong.
She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on October 01, 2008, 01:03:45 PM
About the 70' OLED... I take you're not planning on buying a flat screen before your next reincarnation?  ;)

I'm young... I'll buy one for my retirement. ;D

Seriously, the way the TV price/size ratio keeps dropping, I have little motivation to buy another until it's as good of a deal as this CRT was.  LEDs are getting close, actually I think they've surpassed it.  So I've set my sites on OLEDs (70 inches was a bit of a joke, but still...).
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Black Bart on October 01, 2008, 01:55:14 PM
Anyone know anything about wireless networks?  I am probably about to purchase a Playstation 3.  I want to link it wirelessly to my existing broadband connection so I can thrash unsuspecting people in various war games and the like.  I think I can do it with an Apple AirPort Express Base Station connected to my router...but I could be wrong.

Playstation 3 has wireless "Wi-Fi IEEE 802.11 b/g" which means it will connect to any wireless router or modem.

See http://www.jlsnet.co.uk/index.php?page=ps_specs for the Playstation spec.

((It also has ethernet and USB connections so you can wire it as well. ))
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand