News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Parrot of the day

Started by Sibling Zono (anon1mat0), December 02, 2009, 07:10:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Bart

i prefers Jenny Agutter meself...

I watched Logan's Run the other night and it inspired me to write this song about Jenny Agutter:

Jenny Agutter Song

I watched a film
Called Logan's Run
Dystopian vision of the future
It was so much fun

Suddenly a woman
Appeared on my screen
Her clothes were so skimpy
It made me scream

Her body so sexy,
Her face so meek
I watched the film again
Only next week

Now I'm not much of a science geek
I don't read New Scientist every week
But I'm going to invent time travel
Just to see Jenny Agutter's clothes unravel

OOOOOH Jenny Agutter
You make my heart flutter
You make my voice stutter
You're from another world
OOOOOH Jenny Agutter
Your outfits are flimsy
Bordering on the skimpy
They're almost bound to get torn

I had a dream
Late last night
Chased by a Werewolf
It was a terrible fright

But as I ran
I wasn't alone in my curse
For with me was Jenny
Dressed up as a nurse

Her body so sexy
Her face so meek
Her Skirt so short
I glimpsed a bit of cheek

Now I'm in love
With this starlet from heaven
It's just a shame
she's nearly an Octogenarian

OOOOOH Jenny Agutter
You make my heart flutter
You make my voice stutter
You're from another world
OOOOOH Jenny Agutter
Your outfits are flimsy
Bordering on the skimpy
They're almost bound to get torn

She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Bluenose

:yar:

Oi were a visitin' me ole mum's the uvver day, an Oi did espie this cute littel fella in 'er grape vine:

Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Oooh, a Sulfur crested...

I find it very cool to be able to see them in their own environment and free. Here the only free parrots are Quakers which are loathed by the power companies and feared by farmers even when no damage to crops has been proven to date.

I saw this guy in a parking lot not too long ago:

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Bluenose

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on February 22, 2011, 12:09:41 AM
Oooh, a Sulfur crested...

I find it very cool to be able to see them in their own environment and free. Here the only free parrots are Quakers which are loathed by the power companies and feared by farmers even when no damage to crops has been proven to date.

I saw this guy in a parking lot not too long ago:<pix cut>

Well, Australia is after all the Land of Parrots

As for farmers being scared, you should see what damage a flock of several hundred sulphur crested cockatoos can do, if they have a mind to.

By way of boasting, however, in or from my back yard I have seen sulphur crested cockatoos,yellow-tailed black cockatoos, galahs, long-billed corellas, king parrots, eastern rosellas, crimson rosellas, rainbow lorikeets and musk lorikeets.  Indeed, except for the black cockies, these have all been in my backyard at one time or another.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quakers do damages to crops in their native Argentina but the feral ones here are completely urban and live from what the city has to offer. The main problem with them is that instead of nesting in tree holes like most parrots do, they actually build their nests, usually not one or two but several, and they are fond of the conduction power line towers to make their condos. As a result FPL has tried several ways to hunt them, gas them and poison them with no avail (they're too smart). Lately they seem to be a bit more humane and have made the places where they usually nested harder for them to build. Despite the fact that the species is non native and that they are now in the tens to hundreds of thousands strong there has been no proof of ecological damage made by them to other native species, quite likely because they took the niche of the now extinct Carolina Parakeet.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Bluenose

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on May 06, 2011, 02:43:11 AM
It's been a while without a parrot so I give you the Blue crowned hanging parrot from SE Asia:

Well, who's a pretty boy, then?

Griffin NoName

mmm pretty bird

Great Jenny Agutter Song from Bart - I guess you have to know who she is to appreciate it fully - possibly too English?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Bluenose on May 06, 2011, 02:26:37 PM
Well, who's a pretty boy, then?
[baby voice]You are! You are![/baby voice]
:mrgreen:

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

This past Sunday we went to a butterfly park for my mom's birthday. Among the exhibits there were some psittacines like this pair of scarlet macaws:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/14Jqj203CUHLijT_Ly6qhD2meVSwJwVq_pgABygn-mw?feat=directlink

and some lories:

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/kprdqPYZ_rpqHn1LCTwiDD2meVSwJwVq_pgABygn-mw?feat=directlink

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling DavidH

Lovely.  The second one looks pretty mean, though.

Aggie

Ayuh, you don't want to get hit by a lory. I've heard people generally die from that. ;)
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

They're not mean at all, one of them stepped on my shoulder for a moment and vocalized a bit, despite the fact I didn't bought nectar for them. Now, like any other parrot they can be mean, but in this setting where they fly to you if they wish it's quite unlikely for them to be mean.

Opsa