News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Brit TV tonight

Started by beagle, November 22, 2008, 07:45:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beagle

Einstein and Eddington on BBC2 tonights looks interesting...

The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Yes it was. Despite Einstein looking like a cross between Ken Dodd and Harpo Marx.

I would have liked to have had a Help guide handy to suss out which bits were made up - major facts excluded. It was also interesting as a documentary on Planck's constancy ;) ;)

Haven't looked up Eddington's "speech" - but did he really say "time is different for all of us"?

Made me think about what life without Einstein must have been like - or rather I suppose how much my life has been lived out deeply influenced by the effects of his work.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on November 23, 2008, 11:48:06 AM
Haven't looked up Eddington's "speech" - but did he really say "time is different for all of us"?

Don't know, the only part of his output I'm even vaguely familiar with is "The Internal Constitution of the Stars".

Made me think about what life without Einstein must have been like - or rather I suppose how much my life has been lived out deeply influenced by the effects of his work.

They certainly played the shock value for all it was worth. From my perspective it's hard to tell which of Relativity, Goedel's theorem or Quantum Mechanics was the biggest earthquake, and which pre or aftershocks.

The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Well, one thing's for sure. Tricks with tablecloths are highly influential ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand