News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Ace - Olieslager

Started by Griffin NoName, July 15, 2009, 04:19:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

I've just acquired a new identity - I am now the Belgian, Olieslager (and I have a very special Sopwith Camel to go with it.

Anyone else into Wings of War?

;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Darlica

Griffin we have a gaming section you know... ;)

I haven't heard of it before but it seems interesting, I'll better do some research, thank you!
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Griffin NoName

Oops I forgot. I shall move it.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Swatopluk

As I read last week something like that was already invented shortly after the 30 Years' War (for infantry and cavalry) with intricate rules that would make most modern war gamers marvel (or even find too complex). At least one Prussian king had to be considered an addict and played it with both his military staff and his family far into the night.  :mrgreen:
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Maybe I shal turn into a Prussian* king then.

*it may help that about 200 years ago my father's family escaped from Prussia to England.
Psychic Hotline Host

beagle

So why Belgian rather than the Royal Flying Corps?  Better chocolates in the mess?
The angels have the phone box

Swatopluk

Because it gives an excuse to say "Belgium" in polite society :mrgreen: (for details cf. a certain edition of The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (the other editions changed it to the f-word))
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

Why Belgian?

The advantage of a Sopwith Camel is that it flies to the right, ie. you can go round and round clockwise to your hearts content. This is quite handy for attacking. The Sopwith only comes with a choice of three pilots and I couldn't find out much about the other two, one of whom is from the US of A.
Psychic Hotline Host