News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Career spells gone astray- silly question

Started by stellinacadente, August 26, 2008, 08:43:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stellinacadente

Now being so new to the Old Religion, please forgive me if what you are about to read is trivial or naive...

I have found myself of late in a swamped situation of which I am putting all my energy in to get out...

The primary need I have off course is a job that i know won't be a temp one... so i turned to the Anicient gods for help and guidance...

The first time I have performed this spell I faced east. I burned a white candle for the Goddess and a red one for the God. I had a white candle representing myself and a copy of my resume. My favorite pen (a gift for my Bachelor's) and cedar incense along with citrine stone and clear quartz, the gold necklace with a fire topaz pendant I always wear.

After a weeks of first performing this ritual, I got the job I am in right now... which is exactly what I wanted to do with the pay rate i need only it's a temp position.

That was almost 3 months ago... my contract is about to expire and I am desperately looking to get a perm position...

I have performed my career spell every week almost for the past 2 months and nothing is happening ( chances come to me but they don't finalize)...

I have also changed the career spell facing North now and using a gold candle along with the while candle...and no cpy of the resume...

I know, as I write this the first thing that comes to my head is to go back to the original ritual and perform it just the way i did the first time...

But does anyone has any suggestion on the matter? I can really use some help  ;)

Thanks...Stelli

ps: my apologies for any mispelling...spellchek is not working right now :D

"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

Opsa

Hi Hon!

You've been talking the talk, now walk the walk. You've made your intentions clear to yourself, your lady and your lord, but are they clear to your managers? Have you gone in and sat down with them and told them how much you'd like to have a permanent position there? They may be completely clueless!

I've found that showing enthusiasm to the mortals in charge goes a long way in securing employment. Practical advice, I admit it, but often a spell needs some practical action as well.

Sibling Chatty

What she said.  ;)

The power is within you to impress them with your abilities and with your enthusiasm for the job.

In almost every religious tradition, there is the idea of asking, not just of the deity involved, but of the people involved, for what you want or need. You've focused your energies, now show the management that you're good at the job, are able to grow into any position they might need, and would be an asset to their future development in the field in which you work.

They need to be reminded that you're not just another temp, but a well prepared employee that would be an asset to ANY company, and that you would be proud to have it be THIS company.

I'm holding you and this position in The Light, and will pray that you get what you need from them.
This sig area under construction.

stellinacadente

Thanks Ops and Sibling... what you said in your posts I have done plenty and that is what makes the situation so weird...
Every day I get emails from colleges that say how sad they are because I am living since I have been doing such a great job...

have interviewed with 3 directors of the line of business in my field and 4 others out of this company...but here I am... friday is my last day and so far noone has made an offer.

But I guess... it's not that the Gods are not listening... it's just that my situation is so bad that makes me impatient... maybe this is the lesson I need to learn... :weep:
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

Opsa

Could be. I'm still trying to learn patience, myself. It's so hard to learn patience when you're impatient!

It also could be that this job really wouldn't suit you, no matter how nice it may look to you now. Maybe the Powers that Be know that and would like to direct you elsewhere.

The Meromorph

And maybe... You actually do need to complete the (temporary) job you asked for (I know you didn't ask for a temporary job), before a similar permanent job can appear with integrity?

Perhaps  ;), it's as if you were looking for a beautiful piece of Rose Quartz, and could only find an ugly angular piece in a store, but you had to actually accept it and buy it, and then someone else could give you what you were really seeking?
:P :dontknow:
Dances with Motorcycles.