News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

what's your favorite pampering?

Started by stellinacadente, August 27, 2010, 07:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stellinacadente

Today I decided that it was about time I gave some loving to myself!

So I surrounded the bath tub with candles, filled it up and added some White Tea Dead sea salts to the water and soaked to my heart's content!

Then, I used my favorite sugar scrub (lime and coconut) and completed the whole experience with Shea butter moisturizing lotion...  :stars:

I smell great! :mrgreen:

Of course, some Korean or Thai massage would have been the ultimate pleasure, but hey... :mrgreen:one cannot have it all right?

How do you pamper yourself???
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

Griffin NoName

My ultimate pamper, which I have done rather than doing it myself, is a facial - a long over an hour one. I do this once or twice a year (expense). It isn't so much to have a smooth nourished face as for the relaxation - it relaxes me even more than a whole body massage (never been able to work out why).

I like boy scrubs too but my bath is too narrow !!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

stellinacadente

_BOY_ scrubs???? :mrgreen:

wao... I have never would have guessed you were that wild!  :D
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

ivor

I like to sit in a bathtub of hot sauce and broken glass.

pieces o nine

I prefer my own blend of vanilla & bergamot essential oils in a very hot bath, while catching up on non-serious reading. 

A nice glass of cognac and two Raspberry Milano cookies.    :meal:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Darlica

I think pampering yourself is necessary sometimes, of cause it's always nicer if someone else do the pampering, but it's good to show yourself some appreciation do some self-pampering now and then. 

My preferred methods: 

Fresh flowers, especially in the spring when it's tulip season

Sunday afternoons used to be home-spa days before I started to work evening shifts, I miss that...

Good food, depending on mood it might me anything from a cookie to a full dinner, home-made or bought.
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Buying myself things. Sleeping until whenever I feel like getting up.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Aggie

On holidays, I got some time to sit nekkid in the sun on a rock in the middle of a mountain stream, surrounded by old-growth forest.

That's pretty good pamperin' for me, that.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Quote from: Aggie on August 28, 2010, 08:40:31 PM
On holidays, I got some time to sit nekkid in the sun on a rock in the middle of a mountain stream, surrounded by old-growth forest.

That's pretty good pamperin' for me, that.

That sounds like a sujet for a very kitschy picture  ;)
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

stellinacadente

Quote from: pieces o nine
A nice glass of cognac and two Raspberry Milano cookies.    :meal:
/quote]

OMG! Those are my favorite cookies!!! Never thought about having them with cognac though (my favorite liquor)...

sounds like you and I could have a wonderful mini break from reality together :)

stellinacadente

isn't my last post formatting weird????

my reply appears like a quote and the quote is the post... how did that happen???

pieces o nine

Don't sweat the small stuff in the 'pampering' thread, stelli.

I usually hit "preview" to make sure I closed a style or didn't clip a quote, but don't worry about it when you miss one.

Looky what I found:    :meal:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Lindorm

Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

stellinacadente

Quote from: Lindorm on August 29, 2010, 01:59:35 PM
This one usually does it for me.

That looks familiar... where is it???

Lindorm

I would be extremely surprised to the point of flabbergastedness if you had been there in person. It is a lake in the forests in the very south of the Swedish province Småland, close to the border of Skåne, some 40-50 km from the nearest town, Älmhult (yes, the Älmhult of IKEA fame). My family on my mother's side comes from the area, and we have a summer house there, too. 
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)