News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Too Exhausted to Complain

Started by Opsa, June 06, 2011, 08:04:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

I'd love to get some junk off my chest here, but I am literally too exhausted to complain. Just thought you should know.  ::)

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Is it:

a) Stupid people do stupid things?
b) Otherwise smart people still do stupid things?
c) Help! The Universe is out to get me!

or

d) A combination of the above?

:P
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Oops. Exhaustion and Complaints. Heavy. Hope you feel better soon.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

Sending some fresh-tapped BC mountain energy your way.  Hope to hear the rest when you get re-energized.  Breathe!

:goodvibes:
WWDDD?

Opsa

Thanks, breathing, now.

Our play had a rough opening night. When I finally got home I was immediately called by an irate father of a young cast member who notified me that one of my backstage crew (another father of a daughter in the cast and a dear friend of mine) had put his hands around his daughter's neck. He was calling it assault, which technically it was. However, I know this guy and he would never hurt a kid. I also know this kid and am aware of what a total brat challenge she is. To calm him down I swore that the other father would never be backstage again. This killed me because he's always there and always been a help, whereas the accuser hasn't lifted a finger to help the show in any way.

Next, I called my friend the accused and he was all upset. So, while I was beat from opening night, I had to sit on the phone for several hours going back and forth between two livid gentlemen. We got it settled, but it was really exhausting.

This morning I saw a cartoon in the paper with two teachers in a teacher's lounge. One was saying: "Helicopter parents are bad, but Zeppelin parents are the worst-- all quiet and distant, then boom! Explosion."

Griffin NoName

That's a terrible tale. Assuming the man actually did put his hands round the neck, what a silly thing to do, however the youngster was behaving. Sorry you seem to have lost someone who was a help to you, except I suppose in the end he wasn't.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

He was, actually. The hands around the neck was not a strangle, but a mock and (he thought) comic gesture. I talked to the kid after the show, and she was fine, happily jabbered away, and said nothing about it right after the performance during which this occurred. No-one else saw this happen. My guess is that she was cranky when she got home, burst into tears (as cranky kids will) and Papa (who may also have come home cranky) peeled an excuse out of her.

Nevertheless, my friend was in the wrong, of course. I was worried that he'd never speak to me again, but he has. He called and left a message in a raspy voice, calling himself "The Strangler", so he was able to laugh about it.  It was a sobering learning experience for all of us.

Griffin NoName

So a parent over reacting. But it is a thin line.
Psychic Hotline Host