News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Here a Birther... there a Birther... everywhere a Birther...

Started by pieces o nine, April 29, 2011, 02:00:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pieces o nine

Billy Joel's  The Stranger  could have been the soundtrack for lunch today.

A sometimes volatile co-worker announced that she was really happy about seeing The Donald all over the teevees, was really enjoying him, and laughing and laughing.  When met with raised eyebrows  --[mine included]--  she clarified, "He's raising some questions about our President that we really should be thinking about."

~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~   
It was then I felt the stranger kick me right between the eyes.
~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~    ~ 

I was heartened when one of the quiet, non-assertive ones immediately spoke up and said, "He's an asshole! If there was any legitimacy to questions about where the President was born, he would never have been elected."

Every time I think I've forged some common, hopeful ground with the lifers in this group, something happens to forcibly remind me that I am working for a branch of a Red corporation, located in a Red city in a Red state, and surrounded by racist, ignernt red-necks.

* is clinically depressed *   :aargh:
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Wait, there are blue corporations now? Where? (I used to think Whole Foods was decent until it's CEO started his public rants against the healthcare law, then I thought Target was a decent one until they started giving money to homophobics right after the citizens united rule).

Reading further it seems that Costco would be the one (85% of employees have health insurance, and interestingly political contributions from James Sinegal are exclusively to democratic candidates, whaddayaknow?).
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

ivor

Yeah, like getting a drivers license is somehow more difficult to get than a candidacy for president and the combined forces of our bureaucracy were powerless to stop it. :mrgreen: