News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Memories of Portsmouth

Started by Black Bart, February 23, 2007, 03:15:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Bart

Post your photographic memories of Ye Olde Portsmouth town, so future generations can marvel at times gone by.

Here be a rare photo of Fifi's girls...with their clothes on!

She was only the Lighthouse Keeper's daughter, but she never went out at night

Black Bart

Another very rare Portsmouth photograph...an extremely rare shot of 'The Dark Avenger' in flight over Portsmouth harbour:

DaveL

Portsmouth Pirate School Dux Molly McSporran receives her award for ARGH 304 'Corporal Punishment in Society'...yarr!

Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

Griffin NoName

That's a fine set of stars on er jakket. Ow do Oi get sum?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Black Bart

YYYAAARRRRGH...Ere be a promisin new addition to the portsmouth fraternity...back in the good ol days they sarted em young!

Black Bart

Not many people will remember Bustlin Brian's Grandad: Roisterin Railroad Roger's attempt to bring the railroad to Portsmouth...but it was quite spectacular:

Black Bart

YYYAARRRRRRR...Happen it be that only Dave L and me have memories o Portsmouth...tis either cos only Dave L and me have ever actually been to Portsmouth...or it could be the state of our brains!!!

The Black Spot

Gah.

If ye can remember Portsmouth, ye weren't there. 'Specially on a Saturday night.

DaveL

YArrrr...

I wundered why Portsmouth rail was a bit slow that day.

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!

DaveL

Yarrrr...

Captain Cronan's grandad takes the Arghhh 3000 for a test drive and fools the photographer with a bogus sign on the cliff.

Griffin NoName

Aaaar!  Ye can't fool me. That b'aint Cap'n Cronin's grandad !!
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Black Bart

YYYAAAARRRRRRR, I remembers the Goode Olde Days down at ye harbour front, when ye could get Bilge Rat and two veg for half a Cronan:

DaveL

YArrrr...

That looks like a fine treat there Bart, those sure were the days...

Black Bart

Here we are me hearties a foine commorative porcelain plate depictin 'Hackles' the Portsmouth Harbour Dog.  He were a brave old mutt what saved the loives o many a salty seaman.  For many years he swam out to save all sorts of fishermen, pirates and seafarers...people began to think he were immortal.  Then, sadly, one Stormy Night, Hackles spotted a ship in distress and dutifully swam out to it...unfortunately it was Cap'n Cronan's Ship and Hackles drowned tryin to save all 350 men!

That Blaggard Cronan survived by inflatin Hackles's corpse with gas and usin the poor Mutt as a float!  The Fiend!

The Black Spot

Hackles? That bastid dog? Don't be remindin' me o' him!

One afternoon, someone threw a stick fer the stupid hound to fetch. The daft mutt ran over to me, got hold o' me pegleg an' ran off with it.

'Ee were lucky I couldn't run after 'im that day.