News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

I can haz glasses now?

Started by Aggie, July 09, 2008, 10:09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on July 16, 2008, 05:50:12 AM
Bob's spot on about researching the doc, and especially about the cost factor.
[snip]
The difference between $300 an eye and $2,300 an eye is the involvement of competent ophthalmic techs and optometrists in the prep and in the surgery, assisting an MD ophthalmologist with a LOT of eye surgery and eye care experience. While the $2,300 seems excessive, it may be the best excessive amount one ever spends.
If Colombia were a safer place (and it's slowly becoming one in certain aspects) I would recommend it for both (low) cost and (high) competence. The guy who developed the modern eyesight correction was the son of a spaniard who lived in Colombia and there are 3 very respected clinics devoted to such procedures.

As a side note my wife had hers there and she also recalls the smell of burning flesh. She is extremely happy with the results BTW.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling Chatty

Yep, that procedure, done in Colombia, is one of the few 'go out of the US' medical procedures I'm comfortable with.

A friend took herself and her 3 grown kids down and had EVERYBODY'S LASIK done at the beginning of the summer. (She teaches at U of H School of Optometry, and all her kids are practicing optometry somewhere.) Even with airfare (but staying with family for a week) she saved a fortune on the whole thing.

Imagine the doctor doing the procedure, with back to back doctors to do...all in one family!
This sig area under construction.

Aggie

I haz glasses now.  ;D

There's a Korean-run glasses shop that did the whole package for $145, tax included.  So I have room left under my medical plan for a second pair if needed in the next year or so.  Joy!
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

Does that mean we can see you now? 

Ok, it's late, I get confused ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: Agujjim on September 09, 2008, 01:13:30 AM
I haz glasses now.  ;D

There's a Korean-run glasses shop that did the whole package for $145, tax included.  So I have room left under my medical plan for a second pair if needed in the next year or so.  Joy!

No tax here (medical item) but that's a great price.

The best kinda glasses? Ones that work!
This sig area under construction.

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on September 09, 2008, 02:58:59 AM
No tax here (medical item) but that's a great price.

The best kinda glasses? Ones that work!

Ayuh, the tax was $0.00  ;) 

So it's technically included on the bill.

(it did cross my mind that they might have been an exempt item)

Very light, flexible frame - I don't notice the weight at all.
WWDDD?

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

Pics or it didn't happen!

I had correctional temporary glasses in 4th grade, but I never wore them, so by like 6th grade I was wearing permanent ones. I think my perscription has gotten slightly worse over time, but now I wears contacts.

I am supposed to have a backup pair of glasses... my old ones broke a while ago, I fixed myself, then broke again, got fixed at the glasses place, then broke again.

Should be getting the new glasses soon enough, but it's damn annoying always having to wear contacts.

~Qwerty
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Aggie

Quote from: Sibling Qwertyuiopasd on September 09, 2008, 06:42:39 AM

How do people of your generation handle losing one's virginity?!  :P

(yeah, will do later.  Christie says they make me look 'conservative, but without the creepy')
WWDDD?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: Agujjim on September 09, 2008, 01:49:18 PM

Why do'ya think cell phones have cameras, then?  ::) :puke:
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Darlica

Quote from: Agujjim on September 09, 2008, 01:49:18 PM

:ROFL:
Now you are just mean... ... one could think you're as old as me!  ;) ;D
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Sibling Qwertyuiopasd

Ah, you misunderstand. it's not a generational thing. At least, not entirely. It's an internet thing.

Can't believe most things you read on the internet, so photo graphical evidence is a plus. Of course, most people will think it's photoshopped anyway.

Most people who aren't as wired into the intarwebs just deal with those things as usual.

"Dude didja do it???"
"Dude we totally did it!!!"
"Dude!!! Way to go!!!"
"What are we talking about!!!"
"I don't know!!!"
"DUDE!!!!"

~Qwerty
Every dead body that is not exterminated becomes one them, it gets up and kills. The poeple it kills get up and kill!

http://qwertysvapourtrail.blogspot.com/

Aggie

Quote from: Darlica on September 09, 2008, 02:14:09 PM
Now you are just mean... ... one could think you're as old as me!  ;) ;D

I am old enough to grumble about "Damned kids these days...."  (Q not included in sentiment, unless he happens to wear jeans sized for an anorexic tween girl). ::)

Quote from: Sibling Qwertyuiopasd on September 09, 2008, 08:19:32 PM
Ah, you misunderstand. it's not a generational thing. At least, not entirely. It's an internet thing.

---------------

Most people who aren't as wired into the intarwebs just deal with those things as usual.

Maybe, but your generation has a different notion of privacy, and/or less fear of/experience with The Man.  Leave as little incriminating evidence as possible, that's what I say.... 
WWDDD?

Pachyderm

Leave as little incriminating evidence as possible, that's what I say....

But Aggie, now They have your words on record.  :aargh!: :devil2:
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Aggie

Meh, words.... you should see the incriminating evidence! :mrgreen:
WWDDD?

Pachyderm

In this day and age? Who needs to? Words are sufficient...
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....