News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Hello *says the new new person* ^_^

Started by Willowsmith, December 19, 2006, 02:30:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Willowsmith

Hi all,

I am new, as you undoubtedly noticed from the title. I am really happy to find a great site of open minded people, and hope to get to know you all. About myself I can only say I only know how little I know  ;).
The only thing I know for sure is how much I do not yet know.

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

oooo... new person...  ;D

I'm sure the various mods and admins will chime in when they either wake up or get back from work (depending on time zone), but in the mean time, hello and welcome!

:toadfish:

Aggie

Welcome aboard, Willowsmith!

We're so excited to have someone new here!  How did you hear about us?
Feel free to jump in anywhere or start any new topics you'd like to discuss!

WWDDD?

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Hello and Well-Come!

Let me extend the welcoming mat, and be certain the doors are wide open.

:toadfish::toadfish::toadfish::toadfish:

Inside you'll find a pretty diverse assortment of people, who's major common denominator is humbleness.  At least we all try to be humble ::)

You'll also find, through that door over there, the Pirates.   They are a pirate-y lot, but [mostly] harmless.  If you are of a pirate-y persuasion yourself, I know you'll be made most well-come over there.  (Just be wary of the fish-head stew.  :D )

And, to help get you started, here is a candle for you, to light your steps, as you explore. :tlite:

Please- wander around and look at the grounds - anything you can see, you're welcome to explore.

;D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

The Meromorph

Welcome, indeed!
Kick your shoes off, and sit a while. :D
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

Welcome, Willowsmith! It's lovely of you to join us. If you have any questions, please ask here or PM one of us. We may not have the answers, but we'll enjoy exploring the questions with you.

Bluenose

A hug for our new member Willowsmith!

Watch out for anything allegedly edible or drinkable given to you by any of the pirates.  If you do accept anythin, if you're lucky you won't live to tell the tale!

Welcome indeed!

Sibling Bluenose

Avaaarst!!  Don't be listenion to that Sibling Bluenose fella, 'e be full o' it.  'Ere ye go, have some o' me special reserve (aged two weeks) rum err, tonic!

Welcome aboard me hearty!

Cap'n Bluenose
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Sibling Chatty

Hi Willowsmith!

Welcome to the Monastery. Between the Pirates and the Squiddies it can be an exciting place, but there's plenty of comfortable room for thinking, too.

Have fun, and watch out for the Fish Head Stew. ;)
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

Hallo New New Person Willowsmith

What can I add to what the others have said?

I suppose clarification of why a Monastery of Toadfish has Fish Head Stew. We don't boil ourselves; at least so far no one has been caught at it. Except Black Bart. He gets in big trouble.

Hope you find the Monastery a good place to be.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Willowsmith

Wow I truely feel Well-come. And what a wonderful place with wonderful people. I heard about this great site through a pagan mailing list. Taking a liking to the name on the link I thought I would have a look, and would'nt you just know it, it is exactally what I was looking for. Intelligent people speaking calmly, politly, humbly, and respectfully to each other about the great mysteries of life and how we fit in it. Why to be honest I was shocked and amazed, for it has been a long search for such a wonderous place. As fer pirates, har maties point me too em. *grabs mugs of ale, looks at barrels, shrugs tosses mugs over sholder and brings along barrels instead*.

The Meromorph

In the spirit of that post, I've 'upgraded' you to 'Pirate'.
The only real effect is the title and the Skull and Crossbones instead of the Owls. :)
If you'd rather have the Owls back (for religious reasons?) just say, and I'll 'upgrade' you right back to where you were.  :D
Dances with Motorcycles.

goat starer

hello willowsmith. nice to see a new face - well a new avatar anyway! feel free to drop into the bodega in politics if you fancy vino and revolution!
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Willowsmith

Thank you so much for the upgrade  :D I love the pirate life. I enjoy politics, however I am better with not adding my 2 cents. My husband now he can talk politics. I would love to stop by though and check out the running discussions, I find that if you get two or more people in a room  *real or internet* and start a discussion on politics of any type from any place and you will get a very wide range of viewpoints and opinions with history thrown in somewhere. What a marvalous way to exchange thought that is so close to everyday life. So completely off topic how do I become a toadfish - pirate  8) now that is beyond cool.

Aggie

Willowsmith, there's some information on how to get Toadfish status here:

http://toadfishmonastery.com/forum/index.php?topic=223.0

In short, you apply for Toadfish Novice status by accepting the Honorable Order of Toadfish Agreement, and then are admitted as a Novice based on your conduct in general, at the discretion of existing Toadfish.  We'd prefer that you spend some time interacting with the crew in the Open Water areas before applying for novicehood, so that we can get to know you better.  You can hold Toadfish and Pirate status at the same time, although some members prefer one over the other.

In other words, just get out there and play, and the rest will fall into place in due time!
WWDDD?

DaveL

YArrr...

On behalf of the scurvy gang, welcome Willowsmith!!

Our threads are often long and evolving, but if you like story telling, lots of satire and the odd saucy giggle, then the pirates are ready to rumble.

The Sacred YArrghh is probably the best place to start. It will simply get you into the piratey swing.

The other threads are often works in progress, so if there if there is anything that needs explaining, just ask the gang.
Busily tracking Santa on NORAD...

This year your toast ye chubby, slegh driving, white bearded, coca cola advertisement!!