News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Hello! Is it me you're looking for?

Started by Roland Deschain, February 26, 2012, 09:25:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Deschain

Hi. I'm Roland Deschain. You may remember me from such books as The Gunslinger, and The Wolves of the Calla. I'd like to say hello to all and sundry here, and introduce myself properly:-

I've been an atheist for many years now, possibly most of my life. I found my lord the FSM a few years ago, and have worshipped him with my piratical ways and by eating The Holy Meal with gusto since then, not to mention all the extra grog i've consumed in His name, but I recently felt myself drawn towards The Toadfish too. I hope to slowly make myself known among you all, and to become a respected member here, as I like to think of myself in certain other places. ;D

So I finish my magnum opus with a little ditty for you:-

Oh Contusus
Oh Contusus
Contusus richei
I see you in the water
With mud betwixt your eyes

You are so toadlike
You're just like my friend Mike
Whose surname is hamiltoni
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Opsa

Ah, your lovely poem has touched me so that tears are  mingling with the mud between my eyes. (Or was it the mud between my ears? I forget, now.)

Welcome, Roland. Please make yourself at home, here!

Darlica

Hi Roland and welcome!

Watch out for the squidlings, they are generally nice little critters that said you better leave them alone unless you are into interesting suction marks...  ;) 

:squid_pink: :squid_blue: :squid_pink:
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Roland Deschain

Thanks for the welcomes. It will take me a while to wade through everything, but i'll get to replying to as many threads as possible eventually, although not necessarily in any semblance of order.

Don't worry about the squidlings. As a lover of the FSM, and a follower of the cult of Cthulhu, i'm more than used to their tentacled ways. ;)

pieces o nine

ROLAND!      :high5:

Welcome to the Monastery!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Roland Deschain

Quote from: pieces o nine on February 27, 2012, 02:33:10 AM
ROLAND!      :high5:

Welcome to the Monastery!
Errr, do I know you? :P

Sorry, but I couldn't resist that one. Feel free to punish as you see fit, lol. Thanks for the welcome. I'm off to bed now (it's gone 2am), but i've managed to delve in a little. Read you soon. :beer:

pieces o nine

^  Ha!

Siblings, watch this "Roland" person very  carefully...

Not only is he a Pastafarian, *and* a pyrate, *and* a prolific poster,  I've recently heard rumors that he has molested bronze statues in Bratislavia,  and is therefore exactly  the type of rogue upon whose tab we may put all our drinks in the pseudo pub.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Welcome Roland. Don't get lost down the labyrinthine corridors.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

Good to see you here, Roland!  The only hazards you've not been warned about so far are:

1  Not falling in the moat.
2  Me.  But you know about me from TOP (The Other Place).

Swatopluk

And the art section has become a place to go insane since I overran it. Also, once I get more fluent, you risk regular doses of Cthulhuism in Icelandic in addition to the English, German, French and Latin samples already present.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Bluenose

Greetings and salutations from the land downunder. 

Watch out, we are famous for topic drift.

Oh, and have a Captain's Delight XO on the house!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Aggie

WWDDD?

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Swatopluk on February 27, 2012, 11:30:57 AM
And the art section has become a place to go insane since I overran it. Also, once I get more fluent, you risk regular doses of Cthulhuism in Icelandic in addition to the English, German, French and Latin samples already present.
Oh, R'lyeh? ;D Thanks, but I only accept Cthulhuism in the original language. I do this in memory of Pth'thya-l'ya, who is now in Y'ha-nthlei. Always remember:-

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn (In his house at R'lyeh, dead Cthulhu waits dreaming)

Quote from: Bluenose on February 27, 2012, 12:12:38 PM
Greetings and salutations from the land downunder.  

Watch out, we are famous for topic drift.

Oh, and have a Captain's Delight XO on the house!
Hi and thanks. There must be a lot of men at work in the land downunder. ;) I also thought that Australia was famous for continental drift? ;D I'm used to topic drift, and I have also experienced it whilst reading a few threads here, so no need to worry. Err, is a "Captain's Delight" something...special? :mrgreen:

Hi Griffin. Thanks for the welcome. I won't get lost, although I now know what you mean by labyrinthine, having browsed a little, although i'm not sure where this moat is that David tells me of (Hi David!) *sidles towards PoN* I mean, I don't want to go down there, obviously, but it appears not to exist *sidles closer towards PoN* I'm sorry David, but this moat you talk about? *begins to sidle up beside PoN* Where the hell is iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit? *splash* Damn hidden moat. *drip* *climb* I bet PoN stood next to it on purpose? *drip* *climb* Just you wait until I get back up this wall! *drip* *climb* I'm sick and tired of PoN treating me like this, I really am. *drip* *climb* Now where was I? *stands dripping on PoN's new shoes*

I think I better warn you. I like bad jokes, and have a different sense of humour (see Lionel Richie reference in thread title), sometimes going off on tangential paths.

EDIT: Hi Aggie. Thanks for the welcome! :D

Aggie

Quote from: Roland Deschain on February 27, 2012, 04:54:08 PM
I think I better warn you. I like bad jokes, and have a different sense of humour (see Lionel Richie reference in thread title), sometimes going off on tangential paths.

Oh, you mean you're a Toadfish?  ;D

Thread drift is quite normal here - blame the tides. A love of bad puns and a questionable sense of humour is an asset.
WWDDD?

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Welcome! :D Always glad to see a new face 'round these parts!
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay