News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Revolving Door: Quick hellos

Started by Opsa, November 25, 2011, 03:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

Glad things improving. Doing stuff in public is not uncommon - I think we worry about it more than "the public" who soon forget.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bruder Cuzzen

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on December 13, 2012, 04:38:01 PM
I had to go through steroid withdrawal.   It isn't pretty.  But it can be done-- the last prednizone I had was just before my brother got his master's degree, which was back in the late 90's or so.  So you can stay off them, it appears.

As Red Green says:
Hang in there, were all in this together.

:)

Who would want to eat that stuff !??

It is sooooo foul in foulness , it is extremely bitter . I barfed up continuously until it was 6 pills or 30 mg. At this lower dosage I did not vomit as much per day .

Griffin NoName

I was good on steroids. Just made me a bit high and over-active before the full impact of chemotherapy hit me like a sledge-hammer. Mind, I was on tons and tons of anti-emetics.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bruder Cuzzen

It caused me to hiccup almost nonstop for a week ... in amongst the vomiting . Then hiccups follow ed by burping , then all of the above while unable to breathe until 6 or seven days later the pharmacy called and said the Teva- something had arrived and at last , respite .

Opsa

Oh dear, I can't imagine the horrors you and Griffin have gone through. I just hope you're feeling better now.

Bruder Cuzzen

Quote from: Opsa on December 13, 2012, 10:00:59 PM
Oh dear, I can't imagine the horrors you and Griffin have gone through. I just hope you're feeling better now.

Much better thank you , the nasty stuff would not let me sleep .

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I agree-- those pills were beyond bitter-- a whole new word for "bitter" ought to be created, just to describe these things.   

I discovered early on, that wrapping them in something was the only way to get them down-- peanut butter, a piece of bread-- or...  the best?  A miniature marshmallow, carefully torn open, insert nasty pill, smash closed and swallow whole without chewing.

I also made certain I never took them (except in emergency) on an empty stomach.   

But their effects were ... wonderful.  I have a number of allergies to various things, and am irritated by any number of annoying but not life-threatening quirks.

During my time on prednazone, None of these bothered me in the least.   Not a one.

But I am also quite aware that prednazone will destroy your liver, given sufficient dosages-- and it's the sort of thing that, like a bad neighbor, hangs around in your blood for days after the last one was swallowed.   So, if you're on a daily regimen, you build up quite a store in your body, which leeches out slowly after you stop taking it. 

... meh.   I'll take 'minor but annoying body-quirks' for $50, Alex.     :o ::)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith on December 14, 2012, 07:51:33 PM
I am also quite aware that prednazone will destroy your liver, given sufficient dosages

The thing they worry most about is that it wrecks your immune system.
Psychic Hotline Host

Bruder Cuzzen

Yah? Shit .. lost a molar.. nothing wrong with it no cavitiy or filling ( I think) . I through up no matter what I did . Hiccup burping for six or so days . Hiccups just a increased in frequency until the tevo yadda yadda.