News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

The Revolving Door: Quick hellos

Started by Opsa, November 25, 2011, 03:31:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Deschain

Wow. I'm pretty shocked. Phone companies are usually notorious for bad and slow service. Woohoo! ;D
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Opsa

What's even more surprising is that they actually deducted those days we missed from our bill. Am I dreaming?

Roland Deschain

*gently caresses Opsa before deciding to just slap* :evilgrin:

I don't know, but did that work? :mrgreen:
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Opsa on September 10, 2012, 08:25:32 PM
Am I dreaming?
Nope, they're scared to death of VOIP (services like vonage that work over the internet) because it's drastically cheaper and far more convenient.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

Ah, I loiks it when cold cruel reality works in our favor!

Where'd I get this bruise, though?

Aggie

Probably scared of mobile, too.  

We have ridiculous mobile rates up here, but even at those prices it's just as cheap to have a cell phone as a land line, with all services thrown in.  Ma's home phone beats my cell slightly due to the fact that she's got unlimited long distance to the US, but I figure unlimited text to the world (plus mobile) trumps that. Of course, there are still lots of dead spots for cell coverage (~95% of the province), so those living out in the sticks are still better off with land lines or satellite phones.
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

:offtopic:

.............and UK finally goes 4G, but only for two cell phone companies and limited cities.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Darlica

HellooOoooOoo! 

Hi!

These doors sure revolves fast...  :o  :)

It's nice to be back.

I'll to pop in on a bit more regular and even write some... ::) :) I'm usually lurking in the shadows nowadays.

See you around!
:grouphug:
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

pieces o nine

Good to see you back - hope you can post more and lurk less... 
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Great to see you D.

We need a Lurker Alert :giggle:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Darlica

Lurker alert...
Isn't that the little box at the bottom of the page that tells you who is logged in?
;D

Griffin NoName

Um Yes but I never look at it, I need a big flashing neon sign, my attention span is almost zero.
Psychic Hotline Host

Darlica

Ah! something like this?

Darlica is lurking again!
;D

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

Maybe an audio cue would help too, something along the lines of a ghost moaning and shaking chains.

Hey- my darling, cunning, fantastical phone system has been on and off for the past week, wreaking havoc with my communications. They are supposed to fix it (again) today. Right now I have internet connection, but no phone. Go figger.

I am happy to see Darlica!