News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

I'm here now. Use this to tell everyone you are here!

Started by The Meromorph, September 21, 2006, 08:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chimaera

I'm here.  I haven't deserted Venganza, though I came within a gnat's whisker of doing so.  I guess I eventually decided that what has already been built here -- largely thanks to Dee Dee, IMO -- is worth defending.  We shall see.

BTW:  The spell-schek here is a nice option.
Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Good to know you are here too. :toadfish:
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling Chatty

I've had a wonderful few days.

Getting to have my own life again, not having to check in from any connected computer at any hour of the day, from hospitals and doctor's offices and friend's houses and every other place with a web connection. Reading a book, and not having to go delete a bunch of spammers-in-the making.

Life truly is good. And what's better is that I don't have to go back to it. I can take the time to recuperate from any future surgical procedures as I need to, not as I can depending on the state of the forums. I can spend a few days away and not come back to an e-mail box and PM box full of problems. And anybody mortally offended by somebody else can deal with Gene, or Kim, or Paul (Sylvie) or whoever else they have to deal with. NOT.MY.PROBLEM!!

Yay, and life goes on. The next big battle over ID isn't on the near (or even far) horizon. The political forces that were pushing it are on another battle right now, the one for survival. They can't focus on winning the Hearts and Minds of the Future Generations when they're losing the battle for survival on the political scene in the Real World.

Note of the 'bloodless coup' has been made on a couple of Creationist websites, small ones. People i've know for years that are on the 'other side' (by Bobby's own design, not their beliefs) have kept me up to date. And I didn't have to say a thing. Bobby put his foot in that one, nicely. If I wasn't afraid of seeming paranoid, i'd take a good guess at one of his 'sources'...since i've had an offer to "come to the good side" and let them tweak him with it.

And yet, it's NOT the good side, as long as they cooperate with the ID liars...

Loved the Cappi/Bobbycondemnation of the locution IDiots. The one that I fought tooth and toenail...and got overwhelmed on. Got totally slammed on. I didn't want it. I tried to stop it. And I got called a Nazi for it. Oh, waaah. Let's all remember how--kindly Miss Capellini was the bloodthirsty leader of the Christianhaters at first, until she HAD to back down.

As long as there is freedom of speech and of thought ,there will be an ID movement. And there will be Christians who don't have a thing to do with it. Bobby's error, in the book he strung together, was naming names. Going all psycho on Evangelicals, Born Agains, just showed his inability to understand the 'mind' of the enemy. Only the pseudo-religious psychos are among the Hate Mailers. If he ever understands that, it'll be too late.

But, once again, not my problem. Those who continue to be active there must realize that Bobby's acting out an entire growth period in his life (separation from home/family and moving to Arizona) without any guidance (his GF's Mom sent a pic of her daughters and basically said "Choose one?") or the recognizable input of anybody who isn't trying to suck up to sell him something, or to use him to sell something... That's a tough place for a well centered and well socialized person. I don't know that Bobby was, and I do know that he's reacting like a paranoid person, not a normally communicative one.

Let him have his growing pains. He chose this path instead of a mutually respectful one, so he's got to deal with it.

I don't. I'm free.

dee dee
This sig area under construction.

beagle

Hi Chimaera, welcome to the site. Now I've got someone to argue ^H^H^H^H^H be humble with  ;D

The angels have the phone box

Teripie

I made it! Whoohoo! About time I got off my lazy butt and checked this place out again. I'm still a member of the forum, just not posting much. Doing lotsa reading and tossing out the occasional barb. Being the flaming idiot that I am, I expect I tweak some noses BIG TIME, then get expelled. Just haven't formulated how I'll do it yet.

It's great to be here. Now all I need to do is figure out who is who, and how to maneuver at this site.

Outis the Unready

WELCOME!
(to club Celestial...I am your 'ost, Joan of arc, (no Christian Martyr works it harder).....the many voices in my ed say that we ave-SMACK!)

Sorry damn near went off broadway on you.

where is the butter?
I can't live without butter.
Please pass the butter.

NeferKa the Bodhipasta

Hello, fellow Siblings!

I haven't had a chance to play on the internet in a few days (and my log in record has been poor since I lost my friend), and I was in for a big surprise today! I'm trying to catch up, but there's so much reading to do!

I'm glad the Monastery is still alive! Is there anything vital I should be aware of before I continue blundering about on my own?

(I love the Spell Check option! Yippee!)

Outis the Unready

Quote from: NeferKa on September 25, 2006, 07:30:59 PM
I'm glad the Monastery is still alive! Is there anything vital I should be aware of before I continue blundering about on my own?
Yes. Here is the vital thing you must know.....
YOU ARE LOVED

where is the butter?
I can't live without butter.
Please pass the butter.

The Meromorph

Dances with Motorcycles.

beagle

The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Good to see you from me too.

As a Brit, I am glad Chimaera is hear to help contain Beagle's views (I am merely describing it this way round as Chaemera has arrived marginally later than Beagle).
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Vita Curator

Is just about everyone here now or are there still some toadfish that are MIA and have not found their way over here?  Does anyone have an idea of who all we still need to try to contact?
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Bluenose

Yaaarrrrr!  This be the pirate formerly known as Oz_Nick in that other place.

Cap'n DaverL gived me the lo-down on this 'ere site an' Oi've come over 'ere ter 'ave a look.  So far Oi loikes wot Oi sees and iffen ye'll 'ave us Pirates Oi reckon this kood be our nue 'ome.

Cap'n One Eye Nick
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

ivor

Hi Oz_Nick!  Welcome aboard!

Bluenose

Hmmm,

My previous post in this thread did not go where I thought it would go.  I thought it was going on the thread DaveL started asking of the Pirates can come over here.

I think I need to get used to how this forum works, because it seem top be a bit different to most of the forums I usually inhabit.

Anyway, glad to be here.

Dee Dee, I am very happy that you are here, I hope you are well.  I was not amused about what happened over there and have not posted there since I found out about Bobby's heavy handed actions.  Maybe it will work out OK, I'll maintain a watching brief for a while to see if it does sort itself out.

Whatever, I think i may be here for the duration, I like the looks of this place.

Nick
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.