News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

I'm here now. Use this to tell everyone you are here!

Started by The Meromorph, September 21, 2006, 08:46:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Chatty

I was sent a screenshot of the forum.

Cardinal Quequeeg.

Back, and in rare form.

The Lone Republican!! And the gone-for-how-long rat?

Link every spoof site you can, folks, this is the guy that had to have Landover Baptist AND The Onion explained. :D

Also, an Athiest.

Well, well,well...looks like Cappelini was only the endproduct of some politics. Gen's a slick one, for someone with no imagination.

This sig area under construction.

Vita Curator

Quote from: Sibling Chatty on September 23, 2006, 01:42:17 PM
I was sent a screenshot of the forum.

Cardinal Quequeeg.

Back, and in rare form.

The Lone Republican!! And the gone-for-how-long rat?

Link every spoof site you can, folks, this is the guy that had to have Landover Baptist AND The Onion explained. :D

Also, an Athiest.

Well, well,well...looks like Cappelini was only the endproduct of some politics. Gen's a slick one, for someone with no imagination.

It is good to hear from you Chatty, try to post when you can to let us know that you are okay. 

Who is the Cardinal Quequeeg?  A friend of Bobby's or Cap's?  Is this someone that used to be active and then left?
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Aphos

Quote from: DaveL on September 23, 2006, 09:36:09 AM
Hi Guys,

I made it over here. 

HI Dave / MIDL

Quote from: DaveL on September 23, 2006, 09:36:09 AM
Qwerty and I have been firing a few salvos, which have annoyed Capellini no end.  I will stick around over there, just for the creative writing aspects...plus I'll miss me Pirate buddies (assuming they stick around).

I noticed you said some thing straight to Bobby's face that I felt like saying.  Good work.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Sibling Chatty

Quequeeg is a former Mod who went on vacation with his family, then vanished.

Evidently to go tell Bobby how very partisan I am politically.

He's a physician, and VERY self-assured. Formerr GP, then pain management, in a town on an island off Georgia.

Find an obscure spoof site on the 'net and sent it to him... ;)

DD

beagle

Hi  People. 

As the old FSM mods amongst you already know I slung my hook at FSM on Thursday as I considered Bobby's actions against Dee Dee showed inexcusable ingratitude to someone who had done all the work for a year, believing she was implementing Bobby's policy.

Browsed around there as a guest on Friday, and thought Qwerty and DaveL had done an excellent job in their public area comments.  Apologies if anyone sent me PMs there since Thursday. They won't have been, or be,  read since I won't be logging in there again.

Thanks to Darren and Sir F for making this place available (nice Toadfish images). I registered under my old handle rather than as sibling k9 with my brain disengaged (doh) . Let me know if you'd rather I re-registered.
The angels have the phone box

ivor

Hi Beagle!

If you click on "Your Details" in the "User Menu", you can change it to what ever you want.  Let me know if you have any problems.

Darren

beagle

Thanks. As it's so easy to change I'll leave it for now, since more people know me as Beagle than sibling K9.

Kiyoodle asked about whether Swatopluk knew about here.  He was on the circulation list of the mail which I saw, so hopefully he will arrive at some point.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Hi Beagle!

Anyway, for those who have been on venganza today, they already know it...

For the others. I have decided to leave the site as well... For now. I will be going there as a guest from time to time, just in case it goes in a different direction than I expect... And to eventually post a reply, if Bobby (or Cap) decides to respond to my post there...

Bring in the beer, I'm thirsty!

I'm back..

beagle

Hi there!

Always liked that avatar of yours. Saw a similar cartoon where two martians are holding a poster  in front of a martian lander camera showing a red desert and hiding the city behind it.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: beagle on September 23, 2006, 08:49:59 PM
Thanks. As it's so easy to change I'll leave it for now, since more people know me as Beagle than sibling K9.

Kiyoodle asked about whether Swatopluk knew about here.  He was on the circulation list of the mail which I saw, so hopefully he will arrive at some point.
I was asking about swato and you, good to know you're here.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

beagle

Thanks, and likewise good to know you're here.

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Quote from: beagle on September 23, 2006, 09:05:47 PM
Hi there!

Always liked that avatar of yours. Saw a similar cartoon where two martians are holding a poster  in front of a martian lander camera showing a red desert and hiding the city behind it.

I know that one... It's from a commercial I think, not sure which one, it was for a printer, Canon or Epson I think... :)

I'm back..

Griffin NoName

Wow am I pleased to see you all turning up here. Felt like I'd lost a limb or worse - possibly my head.

Suggestion/question..... can we keep venganza talk to one thread?? It's bound to happen, at least for a while, but it would feel better to me to keep this Monastery calm, unsullied and a place of beautiful thoughts. I guess there is a distinction between venganza and Pastafarianism.  Any views ??

Having said that, and I don't believe it is necessary to say this, but just in case anyone is wondering, no one would have been stupid enough to transfer anything to a new site without Bobby's permission. That sort of seems so obvious that it feels ridiculous saying it. Bobby knew about the new site, he watched it.

The further explanation posted by Cap to explain how nefarious the plot was - in open forum  to the masses - was a bit fanciful - if anyone here saw it. The about to be executed illegal plot she cited wasn't. Any move was way off if ever - masses and masses would have had to be sorted out - it wasn't even a plot as it was openly discussed in Mods and we were waiting for response from Bobby. The only thing that was happening was building a technical site which could have provided good security and better functionality, especially for Mods. That was just plodding along. The catalyst was security issues and every time something (technically) weird happened on venganza it sparked a little flurry of activity in building the site.  Bobby knew about it, and was asked about it, but chose not to talk to anyone about it or respond on specific questions.

I haven't responded to Cap. One I'm not posting there and two I don't feel like replying to rubbish. I have exchanged PMs with Bobby on the issue - concluded before Cap's post.  I consider the matter closed. There was no intention of anything illegal and Bobby knows that. I am posting this here primarily because of Cap's post in the open forums so that you all know the score.

Onwards and Upwards. Let's have some happy times.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

I'm not going to be coy about this. Cardinal Quequeeg seems to have been the big (long time ago) instigator. And a sit and watch for MONTHS approach?? Oh, yes, paranoia is the mark af a prophet, OK, especially one worried about his marketing rights...

Tolerant of all views?? Hey, if that means total tolerance of the racism that the goptalkingpoints and the Republican Leadership Committeee has instigated, decaling it to be NOT racism, then... have at it Sylvie and Cardinal Q!! I'd imagine that i'm the ONLY other person at the boards that ever actually READ those things (friends send me both, because they're limited distribution with their newsletters) and I could time the start of a new GOP point in FSM discussion like clockwork.

Being a little more politically savvy that Cardinal Q expected, I had the rebuttal to that crap. And being more than able to trace problems to roots, I figured out some sources of irritant posters as well. Talk about your sock puppets...

Notice that Bobby has NOT made any public remarks on my attempts to contact him?? He's afraid to lie about it again. That I get e-mails telling me about his lying has enabled me to remind him to stop lying. Of course, he STILL doesn't reply to e-mails.

Operating on that level of paranoia and deceit is SOOO...mature?? Whatever.

Hey, by not eliminating spammers, he's getting his member count back up! (The Goodshow.ru folks are back!! And the petawilson ones!! Sad that I can recognize them from a screenshot. Beagle probably could, too.)

Eventually this will die down. Eventually, there will be someone else tired of doing all the dirty work and heavy lifting. And the Boy's Club will look for another female to clean up after them. I hope they have fun finding somebody. I've just about gotten the influx of screenshots stopped. I've just about convinced folks i'm not going to sue Bobby for slander, libel, or even just plain ignorance while operating in a public venue. (Poor lawyer guys, wanting to set a standard in internet law...)

Hope Cap has fun with the PM inbox explosion. I deleted crap regularly, keeping minor crap that needed follwup or had addresses. She can certainly ask for help with it all, but--I never got it when I asked. Maybe she'll ask nicer than I did. ::) Whatever.

I'm glad there's a way to keep in contact with all the peole I love from the board, and hope we can move beyond this crap ASAP.  I wanted out long ago. Dan wanted me out even longer ago. I wanted an open dialogue with Bobby, so I could explain the problems inherent in the resignation and replacement of a 'first admin'. Anybody that's done this for several years knows that the most vital thing is to present a united front. Coups don't do a thing but give the self-righteous drama freaks their jollies. Neither do loud flounces, but that was my only remaining option...and my short term plan.

I didn't have to do it. Bobby did the flip side of the 'stupidest way out' for me.

Let him know, somebody, that I disagree with the method, but the upside for me is that I'm free of the responsibilities I wanted shed of at the time the book came out!! It's his baby now, and when it's the Athiest Board Lite, he'll have his Hate (Religion) Mail site all bundled up nicely. Hope he's proud to show his Mom... 8)

Let 'em roll on...and gather all the weirdness and disruptions they can handle. And just think, all the schismatics and really nasty athiest haters are free to post!! Go for it, venganza...the Spanish word for Vengance. (And the Tex-Mex word for egotistical false bravado kinda macho-posturing revenge.) How fitting.

Basta, enough!!

beagle

By the time I'd left Qwerty and DaveL had already pointed out in the public areas that the only planning going on was because of security and spammers, and an inability to get replies from Bobby as to what to do on upgrading.
A strange secret plot, publishing all the details in the Mods clubhouse where Bobby could read them. Very BlackAdder III.

I guess the FSMers will have to decide whether to believe Qwerty/DaveL or Cap's version. That shouldn't be too arduous a decision.