News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

HOT Virtues and Vows

Started by Opsa, February 20, 2010, 04:26:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Opsa

If and when time and temperament prove a new member to be promoted to Toadfish Novice (usually between 1 month and 1 year, depending on quality of posts) s/he will receive a private message containing the honorable order of Toadfish Virtues and Vows. If these sound reasonable, they may agree and then the process of becoming a full Toadfish begins.

The Toadfish Virtues

* Tolerance :  I will accept that others have different views, opinions, and values from me. I will not seek to change, refute, or dismiss other peoples differences from me, in so far as they themselves show tolerance.
    * Humility: My own views, opinions, and values have just as much importance as anyone elses. No more, and certainly no less.
    * Respect for Others: When I wish to disagree with someone's posts or actions, I will do so with the assumption that they are as thoughtful and considered in their judgements as I would like to be in mine.

Toadfish Monastery Acceptance Agreement: (Vows)

Since this is a sanctuary, we'd like to keep things civil. We are here to guide ourselves toward better communication skills using the tools of patience and humbleness. As we are human, we may occasionally slip up and fall on our faces, but this should be met with understanding and guidance on the part of the others and if the perpetrator is contrite and asks forgiveness, it shall be given. If however, problems persist, it is understood that the matter will be taken up privately with perpetrator and complainant and an excommunication is possible.

We do not believe in telling people how to think, what to do, what to believe or what to disbelieve. This is a place of spiritual acceptance for all who keep our vows.

If the recipient agrees to these principles, and intends to pursue the Toadfish Virtues, s/he may reply saying so. After taking the vows, one awaits to be given the status of Toadfish Novice and is admitted into a private but not secret portion of the monastery, where s/he will be able to relax a bit more among friends and practice keeping the vows with the expectation that this will lead to full Toadfish status when the community feels that a level of trust is reached.

We hope that everyone here will eventually join us.