News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Another newbie

Started by Sibling DavidH, January 18, 2010, 07:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling DavidH

Quote from: Griffin NoName on January 19, 2010, 06:30:10 PMIf you keep clear of the Moat you'll be fine. Has anyone told you how to find the library yet?

Moat?  OMFSM, it gets scarier!  :o  But I'd be grateful for a steer to the library.

Bluenose

Greetings and Salutations from the land downunder, David!  A word tot he wise: some siblings have gone exploring the deeper recesses of the Monastery and have never been seen again.  Some have tried to make a map as they went, but they forgot that much of the Monastery exists in L-Space and so it is impossible to map - it changes everytime you go somewhere.  Also, I think Escher may have had a hand in designing some of the less frequented parts, and it is possible that Godel gave him a hand.  But I digress.

Welcome!
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Swatopluk

Unfortunatrely we have spent most of the dough on barfer beer and ribald rum, so there are not yet that many books in the library (unless one includes our collection of trash movies for the Humbleodeon).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Griffin NoName

I think the Library is next to the Book Store, but I'm not sure that we have a Book Store.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

And the windmill is next door, I suppose - or is that the organic petrol garage?  ;D

Griffin NoName

I think it might be the Moon Cooler Panel. ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

Of course!  How silly of me not to realise.

Griffin NoName

No, not at all; I cheated and observed it through the camera obscura.
Psychic Hotline Host

stellinacadente

"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

Sibling DavidH

I'm sure it's high time this thread was left to fade away, but before we leave it:
Can someone please explain about the "warm and fuzzies"?  They seem to be good things to accumulate, but I'd love to know exactly what they are given for, and who awards them.
Perhaps it's explained somewhere, but I can't find it at the moment.  I'm too busy dodging the squidlings while hunting for the rere dorter.  ;D ;D

Opsa

I'd be glad to help you here. "Warm and Fuzzies" is a device granted to all full Toadfish Siblings so that they can give someone else a more-or-less anonymous hug or a slap on the back. Most of us forget we can do this, but every once in awhile someone says something so wonderful we just want to give 'em a bear hug and this is how we can do that. We just tap on Hug on their post box and they get a hug. Noticing you've been fuzzied is a happy thing.

Each of us can give one hug to each Sibling only once in 24 hours. I don't know why.

(We are also capable of giving a hiss, which subtracts warm and fuzzies, but this has only been used in extremely rare occasions. Generally we're too nice to hiss anyone.)

We hope you'll hang around and contribute long enough to become a novice and a full Sibling, so you can give fuzzies too if you like. It's kinda like Secret Karma Santa.

Karma Santa? Sounds like some kinda bearded erotica...

Sibling DavidH

Thank you, O exalted one.
Maybe Secret Karma Santa would be a good topic next December.  :D

Opsa

Exalted? Me? No, more like exhausted. Or eccentric. Okay, both.

Aphos

BTW, David, Ahoy matie.

I've seen some of your posts, but have been remiss in greeting you.
--The topologist formerly known as Poincare's Stepchild--

Sibling DavidH

Quote from: Aphos on January 30, 2010, 10:18:54 PM
BTW, David, Ahoy matie.

I've seen some of your posts, but have been remiss in greeting you.

Thanks!