News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Another newbie

Started by Sibling DavidH, January 18, 2010, 07:44:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling DavidH

Respectful greetings to one and all.  I am a dedicated Pastafarian and used to be active on the Venganza forum.  I shall aim to make a worthwhile contribution here.
I warn you all now that I am a linguistic history nerd.  If you have any questions about such matters DON'T ASK ME or you'll be reading for days.  :mrgreen:

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Welcome, DavidH.

I suspect you'll find yourself in good company, with regards to a love of literature.

:)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Darlica

Welcome DavidH!

This place is a labyrinth the "recent post" function might serve as a Ariadne's thread for you, no Minotaur's around though, not that we know of anyway... 
Suction marks on the legs means that you have had a run in with our infamous squidlings... They thrive in the gaps between the subsections. They are friendly enough (well a little too friendly some would say) as long as you don't smell of fishheadstew or get too close to their home in the moat. :)

Somewhere around here is a library section... Watch out for the dust bunnies though, they might be aggressive this time of the year!
;) ;D

Again welcome!

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Pachyderm

I passed a minotaur on my way in. He seems very nice....
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Pachyderm

And welcome. Curse my impulsive nature, and OCD need to press buttons...

Aggie

Hullo and welcome aboard! :)
WWDDD?

Scriblerus the Philosophe

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling DavidH

Thank you all for the warm welcome!  I note the gratifying number of Latin tags around the place.  I am thinking of changing my sig to:

'Quantum materiae materietur marmota monax si marmota monax materiam possit materiari?'   :-\

All this talk of squidlings and sucker-marks, dust-bunnies and minotaurs is interesting.  Do you have one very tame hamster until I get used to the scary stuff?   :mrgreen:

Darlica

Sorry, no hamster, some of the pirates where quite tame although not entirely housebroken, ;) :P unfortunately most of them seem to be on a very long trip at the moment. We miss them dearly.

There is a pet sub-fora in the "On The Beach" cute pictures and stuff. :)   

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Aggie

The elephant is quite friendly, as is the goat. ;)

Lots of tame parrots about, too.
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

These parrots don't bite, they wit.
;)

Welcome DavidH
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Pachyderm

Quite friendly?

Well, until the rum runs out, anyway...

Opsa

I think we have a mouse around here, will that do?

Welcome!

Pachyderm

Griffin NoName

Hi David

If you keep clear of the Moat you'll be fine. Has anyone told you how to find the library yet?
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand