News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Attn, Admins

Started by Zan, October 23, 2009, 09:53:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darlica

Quote from: Zan on November 06, 2009, 08:37:56 PM

Heh.  Would have been nice if it was sticky at the time.  But, by all means, feel free to imply that it was deliberately ignored.

You guys are one hellacious pile of hypocrites, aren't you?  "Humility" seems to come in two flavors, here:

1.  Noob:  Post like a snivelling worm, or get warnings for obscure, ignorant rules (like posting responses to individuals individually, which shows that "you think too much of yourself" <--- direct quote).

2.  Established members:  Threadjack the noobs at every opportunity, and - in your case - falsely and deliberately imply that posters have no interest in reading rules, because hey, it's sticky NOW, as opposed to when it WOULD have been read.

Humble, my ass.

Well, anyway, enjoy your (very) small, "humble", and ever-so-exclusive board.  I wish you nothing but the best, and I'd really like Tau to erase this account, so that we can all forget this unpleasantness ever happened.

I'm no Admin but a Moderator, here are your final answers to these questions:

1) Double posting is frowned upon at most forums, we are by no means unique when we ask our members to refrain from doing so. There are tools for using quotes from several posters within one post, other members here are fully able to use those functions and therefore we don't see why you would be an exception.   
"snivelling worm" really? Well, you are entitled to your opinion, we beg to disagree and that was why you left. Isn't that so?

2) If you had read a little more here at the forum you would have seen that "tread jacking" or "thread drift" is very common and it is by no means something that are done to new posters on purpose. But if one feels that the thread has gone too far out of line the usual way to handle it is to say "to get back to the original topic" and then get on with what ever the original topic is. Or one could PM a mod and ask for a thread split.

The non stickied thread was a glitch on our behalf and we happily admit that.
You can think we have treated you badly all you want, but we have never said the you aren't welcome here or that we would kick you out for some reason.

If you want your account erased you have to do it yourself, the function is listed on your profile page under Actions -it has been there all the time.

And for the record we do enjoy our board, thank you very much.

Darlica, Guardian Toadfish (moderator)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Opsa

Okelly-dokelly.

Zan is now deleted, at his insistance.

I am very sorry to have not stickied the protocol thread, which is my own stupid mistake, but at least he called the error to my attention so it could be fixed.  For that I am grateful to him.

I hope it goes better for him, wherever he goes.

Oops- double-posted with Darlica. Sorry- he may not have seen your post before he was removed.

Lindorm

The masochist: "Spank me! Slap me! Bite me! Punish me!"

The sadist: "NO!!!!"

:D :D :D
Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Opsa

:ROFL:

Whew- I'm glad I stopped being a sadist, then!

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Zan on November 06, 2009, 08:37:56 PM
Quote from: ZAN
Quote from: Griffin NoName on October 24, 2009, 06:29:22 PM
I hope Jayna stays around.

Neither of you have been black-balled here.

I think the sticky is sufficient.

Of course, it will be read by people interested and not by those who aren't.

Heh.  Would have been nice if it was sticky at the time.  But, by all means, feel free to imply that it was deliberately ignored.

For the benefit of Toadfish, it never occured to me that Zan would think my last comment was aimed at him as we had already discussed it all with him. My comment was futuristic, not anything to do with Zan at all but to anyone reading this thread. Should have made that clearer perhaps.

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Scriblerus the Philosophe

I'm actually not sure why he came back. Did someone PM him or something?
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Perhaps he came back to share his perennial happiness...  ::)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Darlica

Quote from: Griffin NoName on November 06, 2009, 11:31:03 PM

For the benefit of Toadfish, it never occured to me that Zan would think my last comment was aimed at him as we had already discussed it all with him. My comment was futuristic, not anything to do with Zan at all but to anyone reading this thread. Should have made that clearer perhaps.

IMHO it doesn't matter what you, we, said or not, he had his mind set to misunderstand us, sadly enough I don't think anything could have changed that.

Opsa

Scrib- I had PM'd him a while back to say that we could delete him if he insisted, but that we don't normally do that. Normally, disinterested people just leave if this place isn't their cup of tea. He thought about it, insisted, and we obliged.

He was possibly operating under the assumption that everyone automatically becomes a novice at 50 posts with good behavior, and felt we had blocked him. He took offense at this, even though we had corrected him several times about the use foul language and double-posting. But I don't want to waste any more time here on the poor guy. I'm sure he's a good fit elsewhere.

Maybe I need to make it clearer in the levels thread that it is not a matter of doing A, B and C in the right order that puts a person into novicehood, it's a matter of a trusted sibling noticing their character and suggesting them. No-one had blocked him, but no-one had yet suggetsed him either. This is not unusual. Sometimes people have hundreds of posts before someone suggests them. (We can be pretty slow!) Some under 50 posts, but if those posts are very thoughtful, tolerant and kind- that's what makes the difference. Verbosity is not necessarily the key.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

"...at 50 posts with good behavior, ..."

Well..... that's a bit'o' sticky-wicket, yes?

While I found him stimulating, I don't think I'd want to invite him in for tea at my house, if you know what I mean-- he came across as a bit, well, too "in yer face" for my personal tastes.

But that alone ought not have barred him, if given enough time.

*sigh*

Reminds me of a customer, who wants a steak, and now, and yes with fries, and now! Now! NOW! 

Okay....one microwaved "steak" with some flash-fried "potatoes" coming up.....  *gag*

:)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

I told him time was another element and told him like three times. He was looking for a confirmation of his biases and found them, that's really what this boils down to.

nefyuBB

Oy !

What have I missed here !
Meh... some people's toadfish ...tsk tsk ...kids these days, I never mouthed off to kindhearted types when I signed up for cabin boy back in thee 1600s .rrrrrr

Darlica

Welcome back BB!

Now get behind me as hose this zombie thread down with our special blend of holy water and Diazepam!

Tsk Tsk Tsk... Necromancy that's not a proper hobby for a young lad!
;)

Edited for spelling

Opsa

Glad to see you back, Nefyu!  :-*