News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Sayin' hi

Started by Jayna, September 29, 2009, 01:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bluenose

To save you time, the Lexicon may be found >>>>here<<<<
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

Maybe we need some new lexicon swear words. Anyone feeling creative ?  ;) ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Opsa

Extra points for describing what the swear word is without actually using the swear word!

Smirkat

Hello everyone! I'm Smirkat, but you may know me better as the Opsalette, as my mother, Opsa, refers to me. But please, call me Smirky!

Opsa

Smirky! I'm glad you're here!  :-*

Please feel free to move about the forum. There's some fun things to do, here. (Warning- Smirkat has checked out the Arcade and will give you a run for your money in there!)

You can see what's currently being discussed by choosing
"Recent Posts" in the left-hand side bar. These are usually the posts that have been made since you were last in, I think. (Please correct me if and when I'm wrong- and frequently!) Choose the last page number to get to the latest post in any thread.

To report on local weather go here, scroll to the bottom post and reply.

To play the word association game, go here and reply with the next word you think of after reading the latest posted word.

Other games are here.

You might like the arty part of the forum.

Crafters like this section.

Here's where we go to complain.

We have lots of pirates, here. You can explore your inner (or outer) pirate by visiting one of the threads in the Pirate Cove. Their spelling is a little bit unique, but they're a foin lot. Just don't eat the fish-head stewe!!!!

You can also start posts about things that you would like to discuss by going to a section and choosing "Start Topic".

Oh, and we have a chat board at the bottom of every page. If you hear a strummy sound while you're in the forum, it is someone in there making a comment, and you can answer them right back if you like by writing in the message box and then hitting "send".

Let us know if you have any questions. We're happy to help.

pieces o nine

Welcome, Smirkat!   
Glad you're aboard.    :D
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Bluenose

G'day Smirky, from the Land Downunder.  Hope you enjoy out little corner of the Interwebs, take time to look around, but be careful near the moat, the squidlings haven't seen any fresh meat visitors for a while...
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

Welcome! Hope you enjoy this place. Wander around to get to know us. And we will get to know you. Beware Pirates.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling DavidH

Greetings, Smirky who used to be known as th'Opsalette.  I'm delighted that you've joined.  I hope you can put up with us old dodderers, but I imagine you've already seen our geriatric witterings on Opsa's account.

I trust you will support Pieces' campaign for the papacy, we need the young vote. ;)

Quote from: BluenoseG'day Smirky, from the Land Downunder.

She's not from the antipodes - you are!  We get so confused in our dotage.

The Meromorph

Welcome, welcome, welcome.  8)  :P
Dances with Motorcycles.

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

This calls for a celebration.

But seeing as it's morning for me?  I'm celibratin' with a cuppa Joe, with real dairy cream today (leftover whipped cream from a party a while back).  mmmm. 

Welcome Smirky!
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Bluenose

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on March 11, 2013, 09:37:24 AM
Quote from: BluenoseG'day Smirky, from the Land Downunder.

She's not from the antipodes - you are!  We get so confused in our dotage.

Umm, you're right, I needed an extra comma after the g'day. Still, I'm sure Smirky knows she's not from downunder, so probably no harm done...  ::)

Smirkat

Ah, there are so many kind people here! I think I may like it (though I still need to figure out a few things first) Mom has told me a few things about some of you, and you all sound pretty nice to me!

Pachyderm

We is not noice, we is dread scourges o' th' Seven Seas!

Or, terribly refined cream of Society types.

And everything in between......

Welcome to our little, friendly, crazy corner of the Intarwebs, anyway.  ;D
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Darlica

Welcome Smirky!

I think Opsa did a pretty good presentation of the place. :)

It's always a good idea to read a bit to learn to know the place and the people but don't ever worry about if you should post or not because you are new, your voice and opinion matters as much as anybody else's.

We might get serious at times and some discussions might be heated, but we also goof around quite a lot.

Something that I like a lot is the spirit that it's Ok to agree to disagreeing. That is one of the things that have me stick around here for years. :) That and the company. ;D

BTW "Guardian Toadfish" is the moderator title around here, you can always PM any of us if there is anything ask about this place.

I'll hope you will enjoy this place!

/Darlica

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous