News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Sayin' hi

Started by Jayna, September 29, 2009, 01:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

There are some useful smilies you can use to indicate off-humour, like :irony: for example. Many of us have a strange idea of what's amusing :mrgreen:
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

The Meromorph

Quote from: Zan on September 29, 2009, 08:49:48 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 29, 2009, 08:42:11 PM
Quote from: Zan on September 29, 2009, 08:33:12 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 29, 2009, 08:24:20 PM

Welcome to both of you.

Thank you very much.  I like this place.  It's nice to see a forum without the usual bile and invective. 

Which is the whole point of this monastic community ;D

Well, my only concern is that I have an odd sense of humor.  If I cross the line into being offensive, please let me know.  I am used to very rough-and-tumble forums (which I am heartily sick of), and what I find funny, some people find disturbing.  I don't want to cause a ruckus, or ruin anything for anyone else, so again...if I get out of line, please let me know, until I get used to where the line is, so to speak.

Zan, from what I've read so far, you seem to be batshit crazy...

I like that in a Sibling. :yar: :drunk: :woohoo:

Have some Cake...   :cake:
Dances with Motorcycles.

Zan

Quote from: The Meromorph on September 29, 2009, 09:54:34 PM
Quote from: Zan on September 29, 2009, 08:49:48 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 29, 2009, 08:42:11 PM
Quote from: Zan on September 29, 2009, 08:33:12 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 29, 2009, 08:24:20 PM

Welcome to both of you.

Thank you very much.  I like this place.  It's nice to see a forum without the usual bile and invective. 

Which is the whole point of this monastic community ;D

Well, my only concern is that I have an odd sense of humor.  If I cross the line into being offensive, please let me know.  I am used to very rough-and-tumble forums (which I am heartily sick of), and what I find funny, some people find disturbing.  I don't want to cause a ruckus, or ruin anything for anyone else, so again...if I get out of line, please let me know, until I get used to where the line is, so to speak.

I like that in a Sibling. :yar: :drunk: :woohoo:

Have some Cake...   :cake:

And I've been on my best behavior, too.   :-[

I've even restrained my usual urge to puke out rants.   :-\

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

No worries, there is a place for rants (which apparently you already found ;)).

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

The Meromorph

See, I knew yer wuz 'bein gud'!  :P
Dances with Motorcycles.

Opsa

Welcome to both Jayna and Zan. You're both fun, and don't worry too much about restraining any sick senses of humor. Most of us are a bit twisted, and we like us this way.

Our main point here is to include listening in with our conversation. Listening is a part of communication that is lost on flamers. To listen, and show consideration for what someone else is trying to say, is a form of mutual respect. It shows that we are both legitimate, not just one of us.

Except me!  :irony: (Note the use of our "lil' Irony"here!)

Puking is acceptable, too. We have an emoticon for that, too, but it makes me nauseous.

Zan

Quote from: Opsanus tau on September 30, 2009, 04:47:34 PM
Welcome to both Jayna and Zan. You're both fun, and don't worry too much about restraining any sick senses of humor. Most of us are a bit twisted, and we like us this way.

Our main point here is to include listening in with our conversation. Listening is a part of communication that is lost on flamers. To listen, and show consideration for what someone else is trying to say, is a form of mutual respect. It shows that we are both legitimate, not just one of us.

Agreed.  If it's not fun for everyone, it's not fun for me.

And thanks for the welcome.

Pachyderm

Arrgh, welcum tez the both ov yez. Tis noice ter see fresh meat new people joinin' our crew.

Cap'n P
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

Zan

Quote from: Pachyderm on October 01, 2009, 02:18:02 PM
Arrgh, welcum tez the both ov yez. Tis noice ter see fresh meat new people joinin' our crew.

Cap'n P

Arrrrr...thankee.

Jayna

Quote from: Zan on September 29, 2009, 06:54:07 PM
Quote from: Jayna on September 29, 2009, 06:06:31 PM
Quote from: Opsanus tau on September 29, 2009, 06:02:31 PM
Here ya go, Hon : http://toadfishmonastery.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=32&board=27.0

Feel free to start new topics, too. Especially in the garden section, which needs some waking up.

Yay, thank you! :)

*sigh*

FORM OF...A watering can.

(I hate my super power.)

It really is hilariously useless! Mine, on the other hand, is totally rad.
It's true. Zan got hosed on the superpower thing.

Jayna

Quote from: The Meromorph on September 29, 2009, 09:54:34 PM

He is! And also, damn good people.

Thanks for all the welcomes!

As long as swearing is OK, I should be fine. I've tried not to swear on other forums, and I always end up forgetting. 
:oops:

Opsa

Actually, we prefer to keep swearing to a minimum. We do have codes, however, which may be found in the Toadfish lexicon. Feel free to come up with more creative ways to express yourselves.

PS: We also try to avoid much double posting.

Jayna

Quote from: Opsanus tau on October 01, 2009, 09:55:22 PM
Actually, we prefer to keep swearing to a minimum. We do have codes, however, which may be found in the Toadfish lexicon. Feel free to come up with more creative ways to express yourselves.

PS: We also try to avoid much double posting.

Oh dear. :( Sorry about that. Those are two of my hardest-to-kill habits... I used to be quite a fan of dialup BBSes, and back in the day you never knew when you were going to hit "post" and lose your connection, rendering all your work null, so most of us soon developed the habit of posting only one thought-strand per post so as not to lose too much if it all went tits-up.

I'll try to watch that.

And I think I can keep swearing to a minimum... as long as I don't get in trouble for the occasional slip. I'm a nice lady, I swear!

Darlica

Hi and warm welcome to both of you!

If there is any thing you wonder about you can always PM one of us Guardian toadfishes (moderators) or really any of the regulars. :)

Feel at home, kick of the shoes and relax, humour wise there are a lot of bats in the Monastery belfry... ;)

We have some younger members and some that read and post here from work or public libraries so if you feel the need to add something NSFW* please give a fair warning.

/Darlica

*Not safe for work
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Zan

Quote from: Darlica on October 01, 2009, 10:22:29 PM
Hi and warm welcome to both of you!

If there is any thing you wonder about you can always PM one of us Guardian toadfishes (moderators) or really any of the regulars. :)

Feel at home, kick of the shoes and relax, humour wise there are a lot of bats in the Monastery belfry... ;)

We have some younger members and some that read and post here from work or public libraries so if you feel the need to add something NSFW* please give a fair warning.

/Darlica

*Not safe for work

Well, I will attempt to mind my language.  Other than that, I have no intention of posting anything remotely NSFW...there are more appropriate venues for that sort of thing.

And thank you for your kind welcome.