News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Sayin' hi

Started by Jayna, September 29, 2009, 01:12:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jayna

I'm not sure what to say about myself... I like beading, cooking, gardening, hiking and swimming, and I just got into kayaking this year. I love books but I don't have as much time to read as I used to. I'm mostly a homebody, but I go out with my friends twice a week or so, to workout or have dinner or whatever.

Anyway, hi! I heard this was an interesting, open-minded site, so I thought I poke my head in and wander around a bit.
It's true. Zan got hosed on the superpower thing.

Bluenose

Hi there Jayna, welcome to the Toadfish Monastery.  There is not too much here you need to watch out for, nothing will bite you.  Although I would watch out for the squidlings and never take an IOU from any of the pirates...

Enjoy yourself!

Sibling Bluenose

Avaarst!  Iffen ye likes jello-wrestlin' yer culd take a look inter the Admiral Benbow, there be a mighty foine match going on right now, feel free ter join in.  The match started abowt here

Cap'n Bluenos
e
:yar:
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Aggie

Hullo Jayna!  Take some time to look around - there are lots of food, gardening (and iirc even one for beading) threads in the On The Beach section here:
http://toadfishmonastery.com/forum/index.php#6

Welcome to the Toadfish Monastery!  :D
WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Hi Jayna! We are happy to see new faces around here. Don't feel intimidated, we don't bite although I would watch out for any advances from the pirates.  ;)
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Zan

Quote from: Jayna on September 29, 2009, 01:12:20 AM
I'm not sure what to say about myself... I like beading, cooking, gardening, hiking and swimming, and I just got into kayaking this year. I love books but I don't have as much time to read as I used to. I'm mostly a homebody, but I go out with my friends twice a week or so, to workout or have dinner or whatever.

Anyway, hi! I heard this was an interesting, open-minded site, so I thought I poke my head in and wander around a bit.

Hey, darlin'...what have you gotten us into THIS time?

Hey, everyone, I'm Jayna's friend Zan.  We bounce around the internet together, and - as she said - we heard nice things about this place.

Scriblerus the Philosophe

Well, TWO new faces! Welcome, and avoid the fish head stew!
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Zan

Quote from: Scriblerus the Philosophe on September 29, 2009, 04:15:24 AM
Well, TWO new faces! Welcome, and avoid the fish head stew!

Well, I'll try, but Jayna will have me into that vile stuff eventually.

And thanks for the welcome!

Jayna

Yum, fish head stew!

I don't know what I've gotten us into yet, but it does seem rather nice.

Off to find the gardening threads!

Opsa

Here ya go, Hon : http://toadfishmonastery.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=32&board=27.0

Feel free to start new topics, too. Especially in the garden section, which needs some waking up.

Jayna

Quote from: Opsanus tau on September 29, 2009, 06:02:31 PM
Here ya go, Hon : http://toadfishmonastery.com/index.php?option=com_smf&Itemid=32&board=27.0

Feel free to start new topics, too. Especially in the garden section, which needs some waking up.

Yay, thank you! :)

Zan

Quote from: Jayna on September 29, 2009, 06:06:31 PM
Quote from: Opsanus tau on September 29, 2009, 06:02:31 PM

Yay, thank you! :)

*sigh*

FORM OF...A watering can.

(I hate my super power.)

Griffin NoName

Welcome to both of you.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Zan

Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 29, 2009, 08:24:20 PM

Welcome to both of you.

Thank you very much.  I like this place.  It's nice to see a forum without the usual bile and invective. 

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Zan on September 29, 2009, 08:33:12 PM

Welcome to both of you.

Thank you very much.  I like this place.  It's nice to see a forum without the usual bile and invective. 

Which is the whole point of this monastic community ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Zan

Quote from: Griffin NoName on September 29, 2009, 08:42:11 PM
Quote from: Zan on September 29, 2009, 08:33:12 PM

Welcome to both of you.

Which is the whole point of this monastic community ;D

Well, my only concern is that I have an odd sense of humor.  If I cross the line into being offensive, please let me know.  I am used to very rough-and-tumble forums (which I am heartily sick of), and what I find funny, some people find disturbing.  I don't want to cause a ruckus, or ruin anything for anyone else, so again...if I get out of line, please let me know, until I get used to where the line is, so to speak.