News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Newbie (well, obviously!)

Started by Booty, December 14, 2007, 05:03:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scriblerus the Philosophe

I'm think I'm going to ignore that one, Griff.

Quote from: Booty link=topic=1035.msg47625#msg47625
I am mostly polite and nice I like to think - am jut having some fun chatting to the pro-gun lobby on Topix - and being nice seems to drive them potty!
I like lots of random silliness and some seriou stuff mixed in - sounds like here will be just lovely! :D
I will tell you about me here as it's easier!
I am 35, married to a gorgeous, but not so chatty pastafarian, 2 boys aged 7 and 5, 2 cats aged 7 months and 6 months.
I work as a urology nurse (mostly willies)- that tends to scare people a lot :)
Anything else you'd like to know?

I'm fairly sure LOGIC would drive them batty, much less niceness.

The med threads will be right up your alley. And I dunno how you feel about politics or such, but we have some fairly active threads on that.
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Griffin NoName

Sorry if I have offended Scriblerus the Philosophe.;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Hardly. Just not something I'm willing to comment on.  :-*
"Whoever had created humanity had left in a major design flaw. It was its tendency to bend at the knees." --Terry Pratchett, Feet of Clay

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Heh! Why am I thinking on the 'weak' gender? (just as a note, back home it was in common use the term 'weak gender' [sexo debil] in reference to women, which never made sense to me. All the women around me looked everything but weak, and I was the one that felt weak in their presence. It is obvious now that the 'weak gender' is the male  :o ;) )
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling Chatty

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on December 16, 2007, 05:01:10 AM
Heh! Why am I thinking on the 'weak' gender? (just as a note, back home it was in common use the term 'weak gender' [sexo debil] in reference to women, which never made sense to me. All the women around me looked everything but weak, and I was the one that felt weak in their presence. It is obvious now that the 'weak gender' is the male  :o ;) )

My sister-in-law once said: When a man can give birth to a 12 pound baby and still be willing to say "Next pregnancy", I will consider the possibility that a woman MIGHT be "the weaker sex".
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

I did consider "big" and "strong" might raise a debate. I should explain. They have a particular imprinted meaning inside my brain.

The teacher in my class, 4 year olds, every morning break, asked for a "big strong boy" to attend to the milk crate. Even at this young age, it was obvious to me that the majority of lads that answered the requests were neither bigger nor stronger than many of the girls. I was highly attuned to adults telling whoppers as my mother always insisted everything was nice and lovely even when things were actually horrific and unbearable. Translating mis-representation of facts had thereby already become a survival technique. Hence "big" and "strong" became "masculine, but with an awareness that females may also have this masculine trait*. Further, even very small men, frail, and shaky, are big and strong.

*early dawning of feminism.... I doubt my parents realised what was happening to their small girl ;)

Apologies to Booty for hi-jacking this thread. The Mods and Admins allow us to be so undisciplined ;D
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

beagle

Quote from: Griffin NoName on December 15, 2007, 10:58:23 PM
Sibling Chatty !!  I adore big strong authoratitive (usually)-men who know what's best for me ;)

Didn't have you down as a Mills and Boon reader.

Quote from: Griffin NoName on December 16, 2007, 05:42:39 AM
The teacher in my class, 4 year olds, every morning break, asked for a "big strong boy" to attend to the milk crate.

Ah, the dilemma of the modern woman.  Settle for equality, or use psychology to bend men to your will?

The angels have the phone box

Alchemist

Just going off on a tangent - thanks to whoever said that TOP meant That Other Place - thought someone meant TOPIX earlier.

Sorry - normal service resumes  ;)

Bluenose

You will also see this place called TFM (ToadFish Monastery) and perhaps less obviously HOT (Honourable Order of the Toadfish)

I'll shut up now.   :mrgreen:
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.

Griffin NoName

Quote from: beagle on December 16, 2007, 06:37:16 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on December 15, 2007, 10:58:23 PM
Sibling Chatty !!  I adore big strong authoratitive (usually)-men who know what's best for me ;)

Didn't have you down as a Mills and Boon reader.

Mills and Boon - Pure reading pleasure it says on their website ;) ;)

I think I am more of the Jayne Eyre or Emma type. Or even Bridget Jones ;D

Quote from: beagle on December 16, 2007, 06:37:16 PM
Ah, the dilemma of the modern woman.  Settle for equality, or use psychology to bend men to your will?

Talking of modern, I just heard about the man who was abducted to Mars by aliens and got sent back to earth where the CIA interrogated him, asking was Mars a more advance society than ours, to which he replied, yes much more, ... and they asked by how much.... and he said about six weeks.

Oh well, I guess it's all in the timing !!

(joke courtesy of a comedian I couldn't put a name to on Dawn French's interviewing male comedians show).

Hey, Alchi !!!  We all got our own pet names for TOP :mrgreen:
Psychic Hotline Host

goat starer

hello newbies!  how nice to see you. Migrants are welcomed with open arms here wherever they come from (unless Beagle gets hold of them and slaps them repeatedly with a copy of the daily mail whilst shouting about people coming over here and stealing our bandwidth).

Please be aware that this site is protected by a semi-official anti-troll goat (or SAGo for short) :goatflag:  :goatflag: :goatflag: :goatflag: :goatflag: :goatflag: :goatflag: :goatflag: :goatflag:

so far it seems to be working

----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Alchemist

and hello to you too goat starer.
You sound interesting! In a dark cloak and false fangs kinda way :D j/k - hi :D

Darlica

Goat doesn't need false fangs he have real horns... ;D

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

And hooves that would get caught up in a cape.