News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Competition Results

Started by Griffin NoName, June 05, 2007, 12:25:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

In the latest competition, posting piral the most often, Griffin NoName The Watson of Sherlock came first with 4, and Swatopluk in second place with 3.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Aggie

WWDDD?

beagle

It could be:

The first virus wriiten in php.
A Toyota whose name badge failed QC.
A severely dyslexic Greek city or mythological figure.
A particularly virulent small pirate.

The angels have the phone box

Griffin NoName

Theoretically this can be explained as "using a small part which when added to other part(s) makes up a whole. "

Griffin (2007) The Griffin Explanatory Manual London, The Griffin Writings in Cyberspace Press

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Griffin NoName The Watson of Sherlock on June 05, 2007, 01:22:36 PM
Theoretically this can be explained as "using a small part which when added to other part(s) makes up a whole. "

Griffin (2007) The Griffin Explanatory Manual London, The Griffin Writings in Cyberspace Press

Don't tell me to get a life. I have one. Writing essays.  ::)
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

What about a vamless pire?
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Aggie

An alcubus perhaps, that drains from your liquor cabinet while you're sleeping?
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

A [insert prefix]cubus is into fornication not substance abuse ;).*
On the other hand Al Cubus sounds like a bizarre cartoon character (Did Picasso work for Marvel too?)

*good joke anyway!

Griffin NoName

Quote from: Swatopluk on June 05, 2007, 01:37:54 PM
What about a vamless pire?

To get a life? A vampless pire may be the stairway to heaven for certain people who need cremation after sinning with vamps, but I think I'll stick to essay writing for now.
Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

Quote from: Swatopluk on June 05, 2007, 02:39:04 PM
A [insert prefix]cubus is into fornication not substance abuse ;).*
On the other hand Al Cubus sounds like a bizarre cartoon character (Did Picasso work for Marvel too?)

*good joke anyway!

Perhaps you just haven't hit the bottle hard enough, Swato - substance abuse is well capable of getting one pretty f*@#'d up (not in reference to waking up with strangers, either). ;D

Quotesuccubus
1387, alteration (after incubus) of L.L. succuba "strumpet," applied to a fiend in female form having intercourse with men in their sleep, from succubare "to lie under," from sub- "under" + cubare "to lie down" (see cubicle).

So an alcubus should therefore be the evil spirit that causes one to pass out from drinking too much. ;)
I know a number of spirits that will do this....  :drunk:

EDIT: Just realized that the etymological reasoning there is flawed.  Ah - I still like it.
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

I always found it interesting that the devil allegedly obeys Catholic rules on coital positions (man on top, woman below). But he has always been a traditionalist. ;D

Aggie

All the better to lure in Catholics, I suppose.  Those who are fond of other positions are obviously already under his influence. ;D

Or perhaps these rules were simply created to increase entertainment value in the confessional?
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

No jokes on that. Deviation from the divine geometry of knowing your spouse even once could get you ten years of bread and water only and several thousand Hail Mary-s at certain times. Just punishment for sinning in a way that not even the devil would dare. There is a lot of literature for priests how to get all the sexual sins out in confession without giving people ideas. :devil2:
And for entertainment in the confessional, at times a woman was considered frivolous for going to the confession unarmed (due to extreme rape rates involving priests).

beagle

Quote from: Swatopluk on June 05, 2007, 05:02:34 PM
There is a lot of literature for priests how to get all the sexual sins out in confession without giving people ideas. :devil2:

Let me guess, "The Joy of Sects" ?
The angels have the phone box

Kiyoodle the Gambrinous

Quote from: Agujjim on June 05, 2007, 01:53:03 PM
An alcubus perhaps, that drains from your liquor cabinet while you're sleeping?

Does that make me an alcubus?

I'm back..