News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Cthulu Jeebus of the Sacred Heart

Started by Scriblerus the Philosophe, February 11, 2008, 05:36:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Thank you siblings!
I tried my luck yesterday evening to get something out of googled images and my "skill" with MS Paint.
Better than I thought but still far from perfect. It's a wee bit difficult to hold a score sheet with a tentacle. Also the Cephalopod is drawn 3-dimensionally while the old Akkadian is strictly 2D.
So, at least I have something provisional while I wait for the professional ;)
b/w has the added advantage not to suffer in print.
And there may be a second volume (currently working on a few new songs).

Btw, has anybody here mp3s for
"Take me home, country roads" (Denver)
"Kingston Town", "Angelina" (Belafonte)?
Quality does not matter provided it covers at least one full verse and refrain.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Darlica

It looks to me that like the Cephalopod is made with dot technique, tiny dots in ink on paper or plastic drawing sheets. The technique has been used for scientific pictures for almost 200 years and is still used since a picture made with this technique can keep its proportion and accuracy no matter who you abuse it, scaling it up or down, copying it on bad bad B/W copying machines etc. 

I do this technique and I love it but it takes ages and unless one is extremely steady (brain surgeon steady to quote one of my teachers) on the hands 2,5- 3 hours of effective work time a day is the maximum one can expect if trying produce a high quality picture.

Now, if I get this right you would like a choir of Cephalopods and a Akkadian choir leader?

How realistic/detailed do you want the the picture?

"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous

Swatopluk

I worked a bit on the score sheet and the tentacle holding it. Updated picture attached.
A chorus of different cephalopods would be ideal (octopoi, squids, calmars...) with the Akkadian conductor, i.e. with my avatar's head (Naram-Sin or Sargon, google results overlap on that). Semi-realistic (like the one I used*)

*I did not draw that myself but downloaded a googled image and manipulated one tentacle with MS Paint
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Darlica

I'll see if I can start sketching when I'm away but most likely is that I'll get to it when I'm back.

Things will move along much faster if you PM me (or just post them here) links to sites with good cephalopod pictures and to pics of Naram-Sin or Sargon. I'll bet you have better Google Fu than I have. ;)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous