News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

What significant things have I done today?

Started by Griffin NoName, April 02, 2008, 08:43:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Aggie

It's one explanation.  We're not alone... there's lots of work stress, relationship breakups, dying pets, bank accounts emptied by fraud, and so on among my real-life circle.
WWDDD?

Opsa

I hope this will be a kinder year for all of us.

Opsa

I just took down all the cast photos from my children's theater (that ended last year) which were still hanging up on a wall in the lobby of the Community Center. It was a final silent act of acceptance on my part.

roystonoboogie

I lit the blue touchpaper of a small legal firework today. It may be a damp squib, it may catch fire and provide some entertainment, or it may spiral out of control, with screaming and running and distressed children, and burn the whole edifice down. It depends on the lawyers, it depends on the Sheriff.

Unfortunately it involves client confidentiality, so I cannot divulge more, other than to say I am sat in the bath alternately grinning and going "Oh shit! What did I do?"

Griffin NoName

Well done Opsa.

Legal firework? How mysterious.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Lindorm

Graded 30 140-point tests for my wee darlings. And then mailed the results to them, so they wouldn't have to wait until monday to find out the results (we have no lessons tomorrow). My writing hand is now somewhat sore, and I have emptied one red biro of ink. And I hope to God it's a long time before I have to go through the four occassions when a shunting movement may pass a main signal without authority from the signaller again...

Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

roystonoboogie

Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 20, 2014, 04:15:53 PM
There have been a lot of changes to the law around benefits, payments, service delivery etc. in the last couple of years. There have also been changes in the way that these things are delivered, eligibility criteria, what can be charged for, what cannot be charged for. We are challenging one little corner of the reforms at a very local level.

I firmly expect the solicitor that has taken it on to return from court with what we call in Glasgow "A well-skelped arse". But he might not: we might win. We might set a precedent. We might overthrow the forces of evil and darkness. Or not, more likely...

Griffin NoName

Quote from: roystonoboogie on February 20, 2014, 08:14:21 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 20, 2014, 04:15:53 PM
There have been a lot of changes to the law around benefits, payments, service delivery etc. in the last couple of years.

I am only too aware of this. I moderate a forum on a ME/CFS website; people are dropping like flies. Soon the graveyards will be filled with skeletons from the starving masses. Perhaps they'll being back the tumbrils. Maybe IDS is planning that even now as I write.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

roystonoboogie

Quote from: Griffin NoName on February 20, 2014, 08:18:52 PM
I am only too aware of this. I moderate a forum on a ME/CFS website; people are dropping like flies. Soon the graveyards will be filled with skeletons from the starving masses. Perhaps they'll being back the tumbrils. Maybe IDS is planning that even now as I write.
The local food bank warehouse is right across the road from my office. People go to the church at the end of the road to ask for food, and a volunteer will cycle up the road with some carrier bags in the front basket (while they are waiting, some one from Citizens Advice will ask them about Income Maximisation). Those volunteers just never stop cycling past my office window.

Another cycle journey, another family in distress.
And another...
And another...

Every couple of weeks we get a referral from someone who has been sanctioned for thirteen weeks, can't pay the rent and feed the kids, and Social Work want to slap a supervision order on them. While they're in the office pouring out their heart and using up the tissues, another cycle journey goes past the window...

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

I don't know what to say, except that this is very sad.

Griffin NoName

The Church (several denominations) have all ganged up against the govt. on Welfare - signed letter http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/27-bishops-slam-david-camerons-3164033 actual letter half way down page

Also leaked doc. shows govt. idea maybe to charge for benefit appeals - this would pretty much end appeals as the people who need to appeal HAVE NO INCOME so could not pay DOH!.......... http://www.theguardian.com/politics/2014/feb/20/people-stripped-benefits-charged-decision  A large number of appeals win as DWP assessments are crazy.

I suppose I was naive thinking there's nothing worse than Thatcher (apologies to Beagle).
Psychic Hotline Host

Bruder Cuzzen

Yet another blood test today . I ve had so many and more to come . I should be used to them by now but i still flinch at the needle .
I don't know how some people can
inject themselves .

Griffin NoName

Psychic Hotline Host

Opsa

Poor BC, but I hope you can stand what's necessary for your health.

I always look away when they take blood from my arm. It never hurts much, but I don't like the sight of it.