News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Arrrgh - cannot delete file

Started by pieces o nine, August 21, 2008, 06:07:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Quote from: pieces o nine on August 23, 2008, 05:21:23 AM
My very first pc was a Mac.   ;)

It's my preference, but when I had to replace, I got a home PC to keep my skills up on both platforms. I know Mac can get mired in hidden and weirdly named files, but I've always felt comfortable going in there with the digital equivalent of a machete and clearing things out.

On the pc...woah. A lot of very oddly-named stuff and I *don't* know what is actually needed. I've looked at Change or Remove Programs more than once and been mighty tempted to excise anything I have never used. But -- I just don't know what some of that does and it's safer to let it sit there, snorkeling up memory.

Thanks for the detailed info, Bob. I'll add it to my troubleshooting tips in case this ever happens again. Meanwhile, I will guiltily use realPlayer.  :-\

;D

Realplayer is not 1/2 as bad as Adobe products, like Acrobat Reader.... *shudder*

I must grudgingly admit that macs are not prone to accumulate obscure garbage to the degree PC's are.   But, PC's are cheaper, AND have way better games.... what?  You don't play computer games?  Why own one, then? 

:ROFL:
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)