News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

PELICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by goat starer, October 26, 2006, 12:00:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

goat starer

I know I posted this inside another thread but I dont think it is getting the attention it needs. This is a frightening leap in animal evolution (but one which may have some much needed short term impacts in terms of public health and the cleanliness of our streets).

"To what does the Goat refer?" I hear you ask! why the only important news from England today.....

WARNING: Toadfish of a delicate nature may be upset. It is perfectly clean, very funny but a little disturbing.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/go/em/fr/-/1/hi/england/london/6083468.stm

:o :o :o :o :o :o :o
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Griffin NoName

This may be the Jamesian Explosion. The reign of Charles II was no time at all ago.

Or..... has Red Ken been secretly training the pelicans?

Goat, you are right. This needs serious research funding.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Spoffish

That. Is. Really. Scary.  :o :o

Can't you just imagine an army of pelicans raging through the land, chomping up ever small bird and rodent? Lock up your hamsters...  :-\
Before you criticize a man, walk a mile in his shoes.
That way, when you DO criticize him, you are a mile away, and have his shoes.

goat starer

I know  :o Pelicans were always a bit of a worry. the evolutionary exemplar of greed with their big flapping beaks. Having decimated OUR fish stocks (yes that was pelicans not trawlers with drift nets - ask a fisherman  ;D) they are moving on to other prey.

How long before one takes a small child?

What will it take for the authorities to act and exterminate this menace?

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Since I consider pigeons basically "rats with feathers" I applaud anything that will reduce their over-populous numbers.

In NYC, birds of prey are returning to the New York area for the first time in a very long time.

It seems that certain raptors have learned that the very tall buildings mimic their natural high-nesting areas (window ledges provide shelter and safety for their nests).  The buildings are not unlike deep canyons.

And, there is an over-abundant food supply for these birds:  the lowly pigeon.

Hooray for Birds of Prey!
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

goat starer

we have had peregrine falcons in london for ages feasting on the pigeon populace. Much as I would like to see a reduction in pigeon numbers 20 minutes in a pelicans beak followed by being swallowed alive head first seems to come under the heading cruel and unusual punishment.

My concern about pelicans goes further.....

this is Izzy the hungry pelical

and this is the hungry pelican stuffed toy

this is part of their dastardly plan to lull CHILDREN into a false sense of security around hungry pelicans and then.....

[size=24]SNAP!!!![/size]

this one has actually grabbed a child and they are willing to put it on the BOX!!!!

5 seconds after this photo was taken she this woman had been SWALLOWED!!

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

goat starer

PS. anybody who thinks I am kidding....

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Aggie

Oh, what of the pumpkin in the tree?  I've not been able to find pictures; Lammo was talking about it on the BBC.
WWDDD?

Vita Curator

Oh man, that is just not right, I am not that found of pigeons either but that does seem to be an awful way to bite the dust.

We have peregrine falcons in Harrisburg also, nesting atop the Rachel Carson Building.  Their main diet is also pigeons.
Unity is Strength. Knowledge is Power. Attitude is Everything.

Sibling Chatty

A wonderful bird is a pelican,
His bill will hold more than his belican.
He can take in his beak
Food enough for a week;
But I'm damned if I see how the helican.

* "The Pelican" (1910) by Dixon Lanire Merrith

(No, not Ogden Nash.)
This sig area under construction.

goat starer

and whilst we are doing seabird rhyme....

The common cormorant (or shag)
Lays eggs inside a paper bag,
You follow the idea, no doubt?
It's to keep the lightning out.

But what these unobservant birds
Have never thought of, is that herds
Of wandering bears might come with buns
And steal the bags to hold the crumbs.

Christopher Isherwood

PS.Agujjim. As I cant find a picture of the real pumpkin incident which I read about yesterday I will post this instead...

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Aggie

Cheers.  I can't find a photo either.... you'd think someone would have grabbed a camera.  Perhaps the elderly lady who spotted it in her tree is waiting for the film to be developed and will post one later.  I must send her the postal address...  ;)
WWDDD?

Griffin NoName

The picture of the pumpkin growing in the tree is in the Daily Mail (according to whatever program I was half watching on the BBC) and in the interests of our community I have done something I never thought I would do. I have allowed the Daily Mail web site through my firewall. I can't see the pic there, presume it must be in tomorrow's edition (no pics for that on their web site yet).
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

goat starer

I saw it too and cannot remember where last night! was it Have I got news for you?

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

Griffin NoName

Almost certainly HIGNFY. Although both that AND JRoss showed the pic of the queen oops Queen.
Psychic Hotline Host