News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Cheese - Awesome Food of the Gods

Started by Roland Deschain, March 19, 2012, 02:00:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Sibling DavidH on April 24, 2012, 07:34:54 PM
we accidentally ended up in Ludlow, renowned for its arteries.... 
^That's what I read.  :-X
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Sibling DavidH

I expect they've also got arteries in Ludlow, but they'd be pretty darn furred-up.

Opsa

They'd have to have pretty impressive arteries, what with all that good cheese available.

Roland Deschain

Mmmm, furred arteries. :stupid:

I made a pretend pizza yesterday. I toasted four slices of thick-sliced wholemeal bread, then covered them in a tin of chopped tomatoes, adding a little coriander for extra flavour. This was placed under a grill for a couple of minutes to warm up the tomatoes. I then tore the rest of my Mozzarella up, distributing it over the tomatoes, grated some Emmental onto it, and topped it off with sliced mushrooms. This was grilled until the cheese was sizziling, and enjoyed by me. It was a very nice meal, and for a cheap and dirty pizza, definitely a success.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

I like it Ronald!

I've done similar with what we call "English Muffins" over here-- essentially round bread not unlike a hamburger bun, only a bit more doughy in texture (more coarsely ground flour?) yeasty too.  They typically come already split, so split'em, dump either tomato paste or spaghetti sauce for a base, then whatever topping you want:  cheese, pepperoni, cooked sausage, etc.

Bake until cheese is bubbly.

But bread-toast is an excellent choice too. 

I've also heard of, but never tried, using flour tortillas as the "pizza" base.   And pita bread. 

Endless variety.... :D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Roland Deschain

It's surprising what you can come up with when you can't be bothered to cook properly. Some of my best meals have come about this way, actually. I just wish i'd had some Chorizo in the house at the time.

I have often created quite a fulfilling meal, starting from simple raman noodles...

... to which you add a little of this... and a little of that... and some of that  over there ...

... and we have the story of stone soup.

:D

Opsa

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Quote from: Roland Deschain on April 26, 2012, 02:34:57 PM
I made a pretend pizza yesterday. I toasted four slices of thick-sliced wholemeal bread, then covered them in a tin of chopped tomatoes, adding a little coriander for extra flavour. This was placed under a grill for a couple of minutes to warm up the tomatoes. I then tore the rest of my Mozzarella up, distributing it over the tomatoes, grated some Emmental onto it, and topped it off with sliced mushrooms. This was grilled until the cheese was sizziling, and enjoyed by me. It was a very nice meal, and for a cheap and dirty pizza, definitely a success.
Actually that sounds much like bruschetta.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Quote from: Opsa on April 27, 2012, 03:54:00 PM
These posts are making me hungry!

That only proves that you are sane.

:D

Sibling DavidH

Roland Deschain

Sibling Zono, it's quite like Bruschetta, yes, but my own special (or not so special) version. With cheese!

Bob...Stone Soup?

More cheese, Gromit? ;D

Aggie

Quote from: Roland Deschain on May 06, 2012, 12:31:39 PM
Bob...Stone Soup?

Hatchet Gruel is a related favorite. ;)

I made some stinging nettle soup at work that approached that sort of recipe - I brought the stinging nettle, work provided the rest. ;D
WWDDD?

Bluenose

Eccles:  If we had some bacon we could have some bacon and eggs, if we had some eggs.
Myers Briggs personality type: ENTP -  "Inventor". Enthusiastic interest in everything and always sensitive to possibilities. Non-conformist and innovative. 3.2% of the total population.