News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

For all you(we) Yanks & other You-Ess-ians

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, July 02, 2007, 07:29:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

beagle

Quote from: Griffin
Is this the 4th July thread?

It drifted.

The good news is Goat has elevated me to the Bourgeoisie. I'm just hoping it's a salaried position, so I can lurk round the estate persecuting peasants instead of having to go to work tomorrow.
The angels have the phone box

Pachyderm

Not the peasants, beagle, the kulaks go first.

Then the peasants get starved.
Imus ad magum Ozi videndum, magum Ozi mirum mirissimum....

goat starer

you only get to subjugate peasants if you are in the aristocracy. The bourgeois only get middle class guilt at being neither the people who do the work nor the people who make the decisions.
----------------------------------

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara
:goatflag:

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Pachyderm

And just how, dear boy, do you know I'm not a member of the aristocracy?

beagle

Seems to me the old classifications need a bit of updating. These days the aristos are the ones begging everyone else to come on day trips in their motory cars  so they can afford to fix the rotten roof on the east wing.

What are the legitimate proletarian jobs in modern Britain then Goat? How many are going to escape the lampostfest?

Quote from: Pachyderm
And just how, dear boy, do you know I'm not a member of the aristocracy?

Because only theatre critics and P.G Wodehouse peers speak like that?

Pachyderm

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

The middle class is always the enemy. If you recall, in 1984 only the outer party (what would be the middle class) is forced to have the telescreens in their houses always on. The proles didn't have them and the inner party could turn it off.

The demonisation of the middle class as bourgeoisie is just a form of Neo-Feudalism in which you are supposed to be either elite or peasant.

Is it even possible to have a system without elites?  ???
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

goat starer

4 legs good, 2 legs bad works for me (and pachyderm)

edit..... and BEAGLE! we will have to exclude him for smoking though.

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

"And the Goat shall bear upon him all their iniquities unto a Land not inhabited"

Pachyderm

Right with you, Comrade Goat.

Tell you what, you butt 'em over, I'll trample them.

Up with the People's Four Legged Republic!

beagle

Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on July 08, 2007, 11:57:27 PMIs it even possible to have a system without elites?  ???

Wouldn't have thought so.  Goat's lamppost system favours the strong rope owners (verrily bell ringers shall inherit the Earth),  and the most democratic of other systems tend to favour the intelligent and articulate.

I'm not sure where Goat and Pachyderm are heading, but it's already getting hard to spot the difference between Goat and Elephant (rhino?), and they haven't got the cards out yet.

Griffin NoName

Looks to me as if they may be disappearing back up the evolutionary path where head butting rather than intelligence and language sorts the meek from the strong.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

goat starer

i thought that path was the one human beings have been tramping for the past 6 millenia.

it is a ploy by the reactionary creationist right wing to dicredit evolution by behaving in an an unevolved fashion.

Best regards

Comrade Goatvara

beagle

6 Millenia Goat?

Something about the possible provenance of that figure worries me.  ;)

Pachyderm

Quote from: beagle on July 09, 2007, 07:54:59 AM
Quote from: Sibling Zono (anon1mat0) on July 08, 2007, 11:57:27 PMIs it even possible to have a system without elites?  ???

Wouldn't have thought so.  Goat's lamppost system favours the strong rope owners (verrily bell ringers shall inherit the Earth),  and the most democratic of other systems tend to favour the intelligent and articulate.

I'm not sure where Goat and Pachyderm are heading, but it's already getting hard to spot the difference between Goat and Elephant (rhino?), and they haven't got the cards out yet.

It also favours those who know where the best lampposts are, and can loot the hardware stores for the rope.

Elephant.  :mrgreen: