News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Difficult Questions

Started by Griffin NoName, April 21, 2007, 05:08:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

This thread is brought to you in honour of Swatopluk's Easy Questions.

Vita Curator very kindly sent me a box of Hershey's Cocoa Reserve premium mix mildy spiced Chocolate which I am consuming with gusto.

Never in the history of Griffin has so much chocolate drink been found to consist of so much chocolate in such delectable form.

The ship bringing it to me for Christmas took a very long time as it mysteriously got delayed at a shipping dock controlled by The Black Spot.  However, he eventually relented and allowed the ship to proceed.

Hence I am now imbibing some time later than intended and so far it is doing me no harm. Rather the opposite.

However. The question has been asked, is it still fit to drink?

I have deciphered the drink me date but it appears to be in US speak.

Answers please - a translation into UK speak of the drink me date 28D265108D

::)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

The Meromorph

How can I tell the "best before" date of a product?
A. There is an ink stamped code on Hershey's products. Within that code, usually at the end, there is a two character code that represents the year and the month until which the product is expected to be within its peak freshness. The first character is a number, (0-9) that represents the year. The second character is a letter, (A-L) that represents the month. A=Jan., B=Feb., etc. For example, a code of 7D is best before until April 2007.
Dances with Motorcycles.

Griffin NoName

....so 8D would be April 2008 and sadly it won't last that long. ;)

But now I can't tell if it's me joking or you Mero.

Imagine if all companies used entirely different codes for use by dates. It could at least be hexadecimal.

NEXT QUESTION

Have you cleared out your favourites/bookmarks recently?

I just did and came across this. When the page opens click the head image.......

Mostly my wiki hits are to do with Toadfish and Pirates so I suspect this was one of these. It's a gem.

But I cannot fathom what I might have hit this one for. Suppressed warts may be of interest I suppose. Or the suspicious 404 articles which instantly makes me think of that irritating page not found 404 error. I cannot imagine I was interested in the homeopathy or cancer as there are plenty of english homeopathy and cancer pages. I rather like their policy "Spawner are locked out rigide".

I suspect we need one of our language experts to work out why I might have accessed this page !!!   Swato???
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Chatty

I liked this quote:

QuoteThe youth is something wonderful. It is a true dishonor that one wastes it to children.
George Berne pool of broadcasting corporations Shaw

Shavian scholars world over will be wondering about the pool of broadcasting corporations.
This sig area under construction.

Griffin NoName

I think it's just the punctuation is just missing.

George, Berne. pool of. broadcasting Shaw.

This was a quote of someone telling their second cousin George by telegramme of a forthcoming event in Berne. The venue being the Pool of Berne with a typo giving "pool" a small p where a capital P was needed. The event being a broadcasting of Shaw. There may or may not be any implicit indication that there is more than one George involved. More probable the sender didn't know or couldn't remember Shaw's first name.

Psychic Hotline Host

Aggie

Quote from: Griffin NoName The Watson of Sherlock on April 21, 2007, 11:56:10 PMImagine if all companies used entirely different codes for use by dates.

Unibroue: 
QuoteThe beers we produce undergo a secondary fermentation in the bottle and in general have an extremely long shelf life that varies between beer styles. For example, the life durations of our beers are: Blanche de Chambly 1 to 2 years, Maudite 3 to 5 years and Trois Pistoles 5 to 10 years. Even beyond these periods, we have regularly found our beers that conserve their quality and may still be described as excellent. For this reason, we cannot justly impose a "best before" date and prefer to mark the date on which the beer was bottled.

How to find and understand the bottling date
This is situated on the lower left part of the back label, printed in light grey about 1/16 of an inch above the bar code. The code has one letter followed by three figures. The letter A denotes January, B denotes February and so on. The letter I is not used in order to avoid any confusion with the figure 1. For the three figures that follow the letter, the first 2 give the date of the month the beer was bottled and the last number denotes the year.

For example: M191 = December, 19, 2001
WWDDD?

Sibling Lambicus the Toluous

Quote from: Griffin NoName The Watson of Sherlock on April 22, 2007, 07:48:28 AM
This was a quote of someone telling their second cousin George by telegramme of a forthcoming event in Berne. The venue being the Pool of Berne with a typo giving "pool" a small p where a capital P was needed. The event being a broadcasting of Shaw.
Terrific!

Underwater Shaw is even better than Shakespeare on Ice!

;D