News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Dallas!!!!!!!!!!!!

Started by Griffin NoName, September 06, 2012, 02:06:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Griffin NoName

All my birthdays have come at once, Dallas is back on GB TV..................... oh the surge of happiness on hearing that dazzling intro tune.....made me weak at the knees!

(nearly put this in "Serious" - "Current Events" :D)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

LOL!

I never did get into that series.  I only know of it's characters due to bleed-over into reality.

:)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Swatopluk

Gott sieht alles - außer Dallas
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Sibling DavidH

^ Just for once, I agree with god.  ;)

Problem - can't do a neat, slick translation because Gott sieht alles feels like 'god sees everything' (it's a common saying), then 'except Dallas' changes it, implying 'god watches everything except Dallas'.

Griffin NoName

Come on now. This is the program that gave us "it's all been a dream" !   (tho some may prefer I have a dream) ( or the Shakespeare version) (what is it with this dream thing?)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

I worked with a lady who exchanged Crystal  and Carrington  colognes with her husband one Christmas.

:P     :D
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Sibling DavidH

I heard they are using the original actors.  What?  More like their exhumed corpses zombified to shamble around as living dead.  If you see odd bits drop off JR, you'll know why.

Mind you, having written 'shamble around as living dead', I remembered that they did that first time round. :mrgreen:

Griffin NoName

You are correct in all respects David. It adds to the humour.
Psychic Hotline Host

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Well, the actor that plays JR really didn't have a career after I Dream of Jeanie went off the air...

... so it's not surprising he was still available.

:devil2:
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Roland Deschain

I remember watching the original in the living room with mum and dad back when it first aired over here. They, especially mum, loved Dallas, although they never got into Dynasty. I can still remember the whole "Who shot JR" and "It's a dream" storylines.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Griffin NoName

Yep, it was truly awful waiting to find out who shot JR!
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling DavidH

I could scarcely contain my indifference.  8)

Griffin NoName

Actually, it's hard to tell if the original Dallas was as bad as this new series, or if this new series is meant to be a parody (although to be a good parody, one needs soemthing good to base it on).
Psychic Hotline Host

Roland Deschain

There are some things i'd rather avoid going back to, and Dallas may well be one of them. Clips i've seen of it more recently just make me chuckle over how 80s it looks, which isn't exactly surprising, but still worth a chuckle.

By the way, a friend of mine once met Larry Hagman and his wife in an airport in Serbia (or was it Bosnia-Herzegovina?). Larry was apparently surprised to find a fan all the way over there, and he and his wife were really warm and welcoming to my friend and his family. Spent a while together too, airports being what they are.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Griffin NoName

I am not filled with envy. Hagman is not particularly someone I want to meet. I can't detach him from JR.

Sue Ellen has reached new heights in the looking raddled competition, which I did not think was possible. Actually they all look like cartoon figures.
Psychic Hotline Host

pieces o nine

"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Griffin NoName

Quote from: pieces o nine on September 11, 2012, 03:03:08 AM
Quote from: Sibling DavidH on September 10, 2012, 07:19:19 PM
I could scarcely contain my indifference.  8)

:giggle:

I really can't understand why you are not treating this thread seriously.   :stirpot: :fuelfire:
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling DavidH

Folks, it is with deepest sadness that I must report the death of Larry Hagman.   ;D

Griffin NoName

OMG! Did he die on screen?  (I gave up on the new Dallas after episode 1, surprise, surprise).
Psychic Hotline Host

Sibling DavidH

No, he died in hospital, aged 81.

Griffin NoName

Apparently with Linda Grey at his side :o
Psychic Hotline Host