News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

I want one of these, myself...

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, March 05, 2012, 10:51:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Disturbing black Darth Vader burger

Package:

Burger:

Caption:
QuoteFrench fast food network Quick has recently offered a limited number of these disturbing burgers with black buns. God only knows what ingredients are used to make them appear the way they do.

Personally?  I bet they use squid ink-- because of this:  squid ink pasta

And I rather like black pasta myself-- subtle but different.

YMMV
:)
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling DavidH

All French food is excrement.  This is just a different sort of excrement, tarted up a bit.  :mrgreen:

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

High words coming from an Englishman...  ;) :P
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Opsa

All fast food is excrement. I blame too much iron in the diet for the color of this burger bun.

Aggie

Squid ink pasta is quite good, but that burger just looks creepy.  I got a kick out of how they had to modify the name to Dark Vador (which seems a bit strange, as you'd think this was an endorsed promotion).

Re: fast food...  you know what they say about McD's: Flush twice, it's a long way to the deep fryer. ;)
WWDDD?

Roland Deschain

That looks really weird, but I want one! Quick Burger is a very good fast food chain, and outdoes the quality of McDonald's by several kilometres. If you're ever in France, I recommend you try one just once.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Sibling DavidH

If I'm ever in France I'll bring my own sandwiches, thank you.

Griffin NoName

Apparently ordinary food in ordinary French restaurants has deteriorated. Sad, when it used to be worth going there just for the food. ;)
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

In my experience bakeries are still top notch.
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

We have a couple of French pattiseries round my way (a posh part of London) - excellent.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

I still want to try one-- I think actual black bread (as opposed to really dark brown) would be cool to eat.

Aggie

Personally, I'd rather eat something like this if I wanted black 'bread':

I've had a mad urge for several years now to cook up a Silkie chicken for Halloween and tell my guests it's a raven.  The skin and bones are black on these things, and even the meat is quite darkly tinted:

http://www.thekitchn.com/whats-the-deal-with-black-chic-80171

I'm not sure how you'd tell if it was browned enough. ;)
WWDDD?

Opsa

If I'm ever in Canada I'll bring my own Tofurkey, thank you!

Cool, Aggie!

Alas, I seriously doubt I could get one here in the center of the Bible Belt-- too.... 'unbiblical'* for most folks hereabouts...

* and for most folks around here?  "unbiblical" means anything they don't like or disagree with, regardless....  ::)

Ain't it amazing, that for these people, their god always hates the same things that they hate? 

pieces o nine

This thread has made me smile as I am enchanted by foods that are ... unexpected ... colors, such as the blue potatoes I saw for the first time in a client's catalog. I enjoyed getting them in Denver and miss them now.

Dark Vador?   I must admit, I would try it once!

black crackers?   cool.  [Not to mention comedy gold, in parts of the USA]

silkie chicken? serve with blue mashed potatoes, purple corn, purple cauliflower, and exotic carrots.
:meal:  a halloween treat all year around!
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677