News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Kids are like an F1 tornado on the damage scale. Seriously.

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, November 11, 2011, 06:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Roland Deschain

I lol'd hard at some of those pics. When I was that age, I was generally well-behaved (mostly), but my brother...he was a little git. He would constantly try to run away, leading to the necessity of reins when out, and do whatever necessary to gain attention. It's not that he didn't get it, it's just that he always wanted more, and also thought that he could do what he wanted, when he wanted to (he hasn't changed since then).

I can understand kids wanting to let off steam, but to let them do so in a shop is wrong. Having worked in retail in the past, I fully understand what those thrift store ladies felt like. I'm not an advocate of spanking, and I never will be, but there are times when my moral compass moves towards favouring the idea fully, such as with the mothers who didn't understand why their kids breaking shop stock was a bad thing (I bet you didn't see that one coming!).

I remember back in my retail days, a guy came in from the back of the shop with a really sheepish look on his face, and started apologising for his son knocking over one of our concrete water features (I believe some of you may know Henri Studio). I checked, and it was just a smaller top bowl that had irreparable damage, so my employer only charged him cost price for the bowl itself (you can order the parts separately). He went out looking not too pleased with his son, but at least he realised what had happened, and paid for the damages. We were nice to him, as we were to everyone, and tried to make him feel better, but you could tell he was really embarrassed. The poor guy kept apologising to us.
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers