News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Kids are like an F1 tornado on the damage scale. Seriously.

Started by Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith, November 11, 2011, 06:23:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Saw this photo essay and thought y'all would enjoy what kids can do.

:D

Kids are like an F1 tornado on the damage scale. Seriously. (30 Photos)

http://thechive.com/2011/11/11/kids-are-like-an-f1-tornado-on-the-damage-scale-seriously-30-photos/
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Sibling DavidH

Oh, great - I've got Cap'n B coming to stay this weekend.  :mrgreen:
He's not as bad as those kids - but only because he never gets the chance.

Griffin NoName

My grandaughter is still at the satge where she enjoys clearing everything up (20 months) !
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

Why do I have the word SUPERVISION at the forefront of my mind while looking at those pictures?
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

pieces o nine

I had very mixed feelings looking at the gallery.

I agree with Zono: who leaves such small children alone to wreak such havoc? Oh wait, I know! The same people who let their little replicants act like vandals (not to mention visigoths) in public places, such as stores, right in front of their inattentive eyes.
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

LOL!

Yes, to both Zono and Pieces..... little ones who are neglected and unloved >>will<< find a way to amuse themselves...

... for the resultant attention, if nothing else.

Opsa

So really it's not so much the kids who are at fault, but the grown-ups who neglected them.

Kids are just new and inexperienced. They need guidance.

Aggie

THAT'S why you stick the little beggars outside in a sandbox to make merry messy.  With adequate supervision, of course, but out the kitchen window generally suffices I should think.  Kids need dirt, and to express their chaoticity, but also to learn where it's appropriate to do so and where not.

From what I recall of being a child, anyhow...  easy for me to say because I don't have any of the little monsters darlings. ;)
WWDDD?

Swatopluk

Quote from: Opsa on November 12, 2011, 03:32:36 PM
So really it's not so much the kids who are at fault, but the grown-ups who neglected them.

Or they'll get recruited by the College Republicans :o
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Quote from: Swatopluk on November 13, 2011, 08:14:12 AM
Quote from: Opsa on November 12, 2011, 03:32:36 PM

Or they'll get recruited by the College Republicans :o

And that, my friends, is more frightening that a runaway airborne-contagion virus...

Opsa

Sibling DavidH

Sorry, folks, I've got a video on Photobucket to show you, but I can't make it play here.  I'll keep trying.

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I remember doing similar things in the rain with a a pair of rubber boots at an age not to far from that.  :D
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

stellinacadente

Quote from: pieces o nine on November 12, 2011, 07:10:05 AM
I had very mixed feelings looking at the gallery.

I agree with Zono: who leaves such small children alone to wreak such havoc? Oh wait, I know! The same people who let their little replicants act like vandals (not to mention visigoths) in public places, such as stores, right in front of their inattentive eyes.

Pisces... I sooo agree... They are all there when it's time to have the fun...
after that, they're too busy on their iPads/iPhones etc...
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

pieces o nine

additional comment:  my mom volunteers at her church's thrift store, and I have heard a carpload of anecdotes from these ladies -- who themselves raised children who BEHAVED -- believe me.  ;)

Apparently another family stopped in this last week and allowed (several) children to run riot as is too common. The children were later discovered in housewares, snapping taper candles in half over their knees. The children truly had no idea why the thrift store ladies were angry.  Disturbingly, the parent(s) claimed to not understand, either.

On the other hand, the thrift store ladies can, in fact, tell vandalising customers to get their little mitts off things, or tell them to put things DOWN, or to tell them to leave and not come back, with no repercussions from a CEO out of touch with reality. That would be nice in the larger retail world, sometimes...
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677