News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Stupid! Stupid! Stupid!

Started by ivor, May 29, 2011, 09:10:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ivor

This is funny...

My old pal organized a backyard jam with some folk artist.  The first was a group of three ladies from Vintage Wildflowers.  That was the only one I knew about that was performing.  They were awesome.  They're performing at the Kennedy Center sometime soon they are so good.  Some of their music is on their site to listen to online.

After they were done we all got together and helped pack up.  There was this older guy with a guitar there and of course my old pal had his guitar out and they were going back and forth playing folk music.  My old pal is good but the older guy was awesome.  He looked very familiar.  He was playing songs that were incredible musically and lyrically.  Between songs I mentioned that he should record some of his songs because they were awesome and I'd never heard them before.  He said nothing.  It was getting late and most everybody was gone.  The turn-out wasn't great unfortunately.  About thirty people didn't show.  They missed out. It was an awesome show.  It was pretty dark out and the old guy put away his guitar and handed out some CDs.  I said, "Awesome! You have recorded some stuff."  I looked at the disk and the artist was James Taylor.  You know that feeling you get like your insides are getting sucked out when you've been really retarded and it's glaringly obvious you're a moron?  Well I decided to just shut my mouth and shook his hand and thanked him for the performance.   :-[ :-[ :-[

I felt better later.  It wasn't James Vernon Taylor although I'd never have know the difference because I hadn't heard him perform lately and I don't even know how old James Vernon is nor could I picture what he looked like.  This artist name is James Michael Taylor.  So I'm not a total retard... Right?  :-\ :mrgreen:

Aggie

WWDDD?

Sibling Zono (anon1mat0)

I'm ignorant of the genre but, isn't that Clint Eastwood?  ;) :mrgreen: :P
Sibling Zono(trichia Capensis) aka anon1mat0 aka Nicolás.

PPPP: Politicians are Parasitic, Predatory and Perverse.

Griffin NoName

At least you recognise class when you hear it.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

pieces o nine

Thanks for sharing that story.   ;)
"If you are not feeling well, if you have not slept, chocolate will revive you. But you have no chocolate! I think of that again and again! My dear, how will you ever manage?"
--Marquise de Sevigne, February 11, 1677

Opsa

Ha ha! Now he has a story to tell, too.

ivor

Quote from: Opsa on May 31, 2011, 09:38:05 PM
Ha ha! Now he has a story to tell, too.

He didn't know.  I didn't tell him fortunately.