News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Eurovision Song Contest

Started by Griffin NoName, May 14, 2011, 09:58:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bob in a quantum-state-of-faith

Norton is a hoot to watch, I'll agree.  Nothing is sacred on his show, something I can agree with.

:D
Sometimes, the real journey can only be taken by making a mistake.

my webpage-- alas, Cox deleted it--dead link... oh well ::)

Griffin NoName

The Telegraph:

"Iran recalls Azerbaijan ambassador over Eurovision 'gay parade'

Iran has recalled its ambassador to Azerbaijan after accusing its neighbour of planning a "gay parade" for Saturday's Eurovision Song Contest. "

Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Griffin NoName on May 23, 2012, 12:53:53 AM
The Telegraph:

"Iran recalls Azerbaijan ambassador over Eurovision 'gay parade'

Iran has recalled its ambassador to Azerbaijan after accusing its neighbour of planning a "gay parade" for Saturday's Eurovision Song Contest."
:bees:

I'm surprised at Azerbaijan having a gay parade, given its other human rights abuses. Maybe this is the start of change in the region. Eurovision has certainly changed other countries, so it can do so here. Good on Azerbaijan!
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Griffin NoName

Eurovision's statutes demand it is a-political. Everything that is happenning around this one appears very political to me. I saw an official representative interviewed and she kept ducking the question.
Psychic Hotline Host

One approaches the journey's end. But the end is a goal, not a catastrophe. George Sand

Griffin NoName

Double Post..

Why do countries vote for their "friend" countries? Is it due to similar tastes in music, or more likely political. Whatever, it really annoys me.

Why do all the songs sound the same to me?
Psychic Hotline Host

Swatopluk

Quote from: Griffin NoName on May 27, 2012, 04:16:33 PM

You oscillate in resonance, so the Doppler effect turns them all into a'. :mrgreen:
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Roland Deschain

Quote from: Swatopluk on May 27, 2012, 04:29:58 PM
Quote from: Griffin NoName on May 27, 2012, 04:16:33 PM

You oscillate in resonance, so the Doppler effect turns them all into a'. :mrgreen:
;D

Eurovision has always been about political voting. If you remember the days of Terry Wogan, as he slowly became more...drunk (to be polite), he'd comment on it. I suppose that's part of the appeal, although sometimes some truly strange and wonderful things happen, such as when Lordi won it several years ago (that was the best Eurovision ever, drinking beer, watching the show, and chatting about it in SWG).

I've introduced a few people to it over the years, specifically foreigners, the last being a South African flatmate last year. Am I evil? :mrgreen:
"I love cheese" - Buffy Summers

Swatopluk

Eternal constants: Germans vote for Turks, Turks for Germans, and Austrians never for Germans.
Since voting for oneself is not allowed, the notorious problem in football/soccer is avoided (Turks and Germans cheer each other unless they play against each other. Then, at least for Turks, there is a huge conflict in loyalty).
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

Darlica

Great heavens the whole circus is coming to Sweden next year... Lets hope it land in Göteborg or Malmö 'cause Stockholm Will have it's hands full with the Ice hockey world championships...  ::)

I must remember to plan at least a week of vacation in may next year. :)
"Kafka was a social realist" -Lindorm out of context

"You think education is expensive, try ignorance" -Anonymous