News:

The Toadfish Monastery is at https://solvussolutions.co.uk/toadfishmonastery

Why not pay us a visit? All returning Siblings will be given a warm welcome.

Main Menu

Are you a night owl or a morning person???

Started by stellinacadente, August 31, 2010, 03:12:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Swatopluk

Well, our agency has that option but only for a limited number of people for a limited period of time. Also you have to provide room for a replica of your agency office in your home.
Using a car (and possessing actual driving skills beyond the mere possession of a driving licence) would roughly halve the time I spend on commute. But definitely not cheaper.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.

stellinacadente

Quote from: Swatopluk on September 15, 2010, 01:24:12 PM
Using a car (and possessing actual driving skills beyond the mere possession of a driving licence) would roughly halve the time I spend on commute. But definitely not cheaper.

If I were able to choose (and I do not since I live in a place where you either have a car or you basically are stuck in the middle of nowhere!), I would still choose public transportation... ;D
"Pressure... changes everything pressure. Some people you squeeze them, they focus... others fall..."

Al Pacino, The Devil's Advocate

Aggie

I have been lucky and always lived walking distance the office (intentionally, but lucky that I can); I save the 1000km commutes for field work.
WWDDD?

Lindorm

My journey time to work varies significantly depending on the hour of the day. If everything works OK and the tube runs, it's a 45-minute commute door to door which I find perfectly acceptable. On the other hand, if I have to use the night buses, the journey can take 2½ hours or more due to crappy connections. This either means that I take a taxi (about 7 minutes journey time at 03:45) if getting off work, or book a overnight room in the depot and sleep there. Then, the morning commute is just a case of walking down the stairs to the coffee machine.

Der Eisenbahner lebt von seinem kärglichen Gehalt sowie von der durch nichts zu erschütternden Überzeugung, daß es ohne ihn im Betriebe nicht gehe.
K.Tucholsky (1930)

Swatopluk

Until 2005 the agency was located in Berlin. Then it was transferred to Dessau (120 km away) in order that Sachsen-Anhalt (part of the former GDR) would become home to one federal agency. Each Land (~state) is supposed to have at least one.
Knurrhähne sind eßbar aber empfehlen würde ich das nicht unbedingt.
The aspitriglos is edible though I do not actually recommend it.